Ice Skating with Robbie

It was snowing and of course that meant that it was freezing outside. You couldn't tell though, since you and your current boyfriend Robbie were watching the Winter Olympics held in Russia. (I know they already ended just pretend they haven't.) You weren't much of a figure skater. A rather horrible one actually. But that didn't mean you couldn't watch Gracie Gold from America figure skate. She was very talented at what she did and it inspired you.

Robbie came in the room with two mugs full of hot chocolate with whipped cream and little miniature marshmellows. He sat down on the couch beside you and held out your cup of hot chocolate. You didn't even acknowledge him. You were too entranced by the graceful movements of the best figure skaters in the world.

"Y/N!" You heard Robbie yell.

"What?" You asked finally becoming aware of your surroundings.

"I called your name three different times. Are you alright?" he asked you. You took your hot chocolate and shrugged.

"Yeah it's just...do you think I could do that?" you asked pointing to the screen. He looked at what the athletes were doing and pondered it for a minute.

"Sure you could. You can do anything if you want it bad enough," he stated. You smiled.

The next morning Robbie woke you up around six in the morning. You were too tired to even comprehend your own thoughts so you just did what he said and got dressed and jumped in his car. When you got to your destination you were more awake than before and read the sign. "ICE RINK" it said in big bold black letters across the front of the building. You mouth hung open then you attacked Robbie in a massive hug.

"Don't get too excited, we still have to try to skate," he said chuckling.

------------After skating, falling, and having your butts go numb from the ice-----------

"you're the best!" You exclaimed as you turned on the heater in Robbie's car. He turned away shyly.

"I don't know about the best but did you have fun?" he asked.

"Yeah! Even though I sucked it was really fun. Thanks Robbie." The car was silent for a while before you decided to speak again.

"Why'd you take me here anyway?" you asked. "All I asked was if you thought I could be gold medal material in figure skating. I only wanted your opinion."

"I brought you here because I knew you didn't believe me when I told you that you could win gold if you wanted to. You needed some self-confidence and I think you got that by going to the rink today," he explained.

"Why do you care so much about my self-confidence Kay?" you asked smirking.

"I care because I love you Y/N."