prom imagine for Em

“This is so stupid,” Robbie complained to his best friend as they sat in his room.

“No it isn’t. Prom is coming up and you have to ask Em soon because if you don’t I guarantee someone else will.” His friend Joseph argued back. He was having a bit of trouble giving Robbie a pep talk to ask you to prom. It was next week and you had been waiting for him to ask you for ages but he never did no matter how many chances you gave him. You were starting to think he was interested in another girl and didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

“Even if I did ask her, I can’t dance and I know she’ll want to dance and I’ll just embarrass her,” Robbie mumbled feeling ashamed of his poor dance abilities.

“Ok well where is she now?” Joseph asked flipping through radio stations and then deciding to go through Robbie’s CD collection.

“She’s out shopping with Camilla and Fiona,” he replied.

“Good. Now I’m going to teach you to dance.”

Robbie stared at his friend like he had grown an extra head. Joseph put in a CD with a slow song and pulled Robbie up much to his protests.

“No mate, that’s not going to work”

“And why not?” His friend asked getting annoyed with Robbie’s pity party.

“Because you’re worse at dancing than I am.”

“Then maybe we’ll both learn because when my girlfriends wants to dance I better know how.”

And so there they were, slow song playing in the background, trying to teach each other to slow dance and complaining all the way. Around ten minutes after that, when they had blamed their bad dancing on each other the entire time you and Robbie’s sisters came in from your dress shopping and just watched from the corner trying not to bust a vein from holding in your laughter.

“Robbie, what on earth are you doing?” You asked not being able to take it anymore. They jumped apart instantly and Robbie turned quite red.

“I’m trying to teach him to dance so that he can impress this girl he likes. He wants to ask her to prom,” Joseph said giving his friend a pointed look. You felt your heart sink to your stomach. You were right before about Robbie. He likes someone else. But if he’s happy then you’re happy.

“Maybe it would be better if I teach him,” You suggested quietly. Everyone’s heads snapped up at that. Joseph smiled wide at Robbie.

“That’s a GREAT idea Em, see you guys later.” Joseph exited quite quickly taking Camilla and Fiona out of the room with him.

You looked at Robbie and he hit play to start the next slow song. You placed Robbie’s hands on your waist and put yours behind his neck.

“You’re in my arms and all the world is calm

The music playing on for only two”

As the music played you and Robbie swayed from side to side. He stepped on your toes a few times but that was to be expected. After a while you decided that you’d try distracting him from psyching himself out about stepping on your feet.

“So who’s the girl you’re trying to impress?” You ask dreading the answer but wanting to know who she is.

“Um…you,” he said back looking in your eyes. “Will you go to prom with me?” he asks. You could feel how nervous he was and wasted no time in saying yes.

A/N: Hey hope you liked this one! I'm taking forever to update but please bare with me guys. Tell me your opinion of this one or what I could've done better. And the song should be on the side that they danced to and if it's not please tell me.