Chapter 4: The Quidditch World Cup

The light flashed on. "Wake up!" a voice shouted, disrupting Fred's pleasant dreams. His blankets were suddenly ripped off of him causing him to cringe against the cool air. "Fred, George! Wake up!"

Fred knew that voice instantly. "Go 'way Ermione," Fred replied tiredly.

"Fred, get up! We have to go!"

"Granger, we're trying to sleep," George told her.

"We have to go now if we're going to make it to the Quidditch World Cup," she stated exasperatedly.

The twins groaned and tried to make a grab for their blankets. "Honestly. Get up, we'll be leaving soon," Hermione muttered as she turned back to the door. "Oh, and Fred, Alicia is here already. She's waiting downstairs with your Mum."

That prompted Fred out of bed.

They dressed quietly, too tired to speak. They filled their pockets with their products, convinced that the numerous people at the Quidditch World Cup would love their products. They were desperate to raise the money needed for their shop.

On the way out of their room, they nearly collided with Hermione, Harry, and Ron. "Here," Fred said, "put these in your pockets." He handed them the Ton-Tongue Toffees. While Hermione lectured them on listening to their mother and how their products were dangerous, Harry and Ron filled their pockets as instructed by Fred and George.

"Oh, come off it, Granger," George said. "You don't have to carry them for us if you don't want to." Hermione closed her mouth and said nothing more, but Fred had a hunch that this was not the last they would hear of it.

"Hello, Love," Fred greeted Alicia. She was sitting on the sofa, a tired expression on her face. She had flooed over that morning. He had told her to come the night before, but her parents were pessimistic about her staying at her boyfriend's house for the evening.

As Mr. Weasley explained about how they would have to walk to the portkey, Mrs. Weasley scrutinized her children, specifically Fred and George. Her eyes caught on the slight edge of a wrapper sticking out of George's pockets.

"George!"

"What?" he said innocently.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Accio!" Out few several small, brightly colored objects from George's pockets. He tried his best to grab them, but missed. They fell immediately into Mrs. Weasley's hand. "We told you to destroy them! We told you to get rid of the lot. Empty your pockets, go on, both of you."

It looked, for a moment, like Fred and George were going to refuse their mother. Before they had the chance, she shouted, her wand pointing at them both, "Accio! Accio! Accio!"

"We spent six months developing those!" cried Fred in outrage.

"Oh a fine way to spend six months! No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s.!"

She sent her family off soon after that, a hard stare at the twins as they went out the door. After they started walking to the portkey, they turned to Harry and Ron. "Thanks, mates," Fred said, their arms outstretched for the candies.

Their father pretended he hadn't heard them.

The Diggorys were already standing near the Portkey, waiting for them. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said Mr. Weasley. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

Hermione, Ginny, and Alicia giggled amongst themselves as the boys greeted Cedric. A flash of annoyance spread through Fred suddenly. "What is it with girls and Cedric Diggory?" Fred whispered to George.