Chapter 14: The Final Quidditch Match

Fred was frustrated. The longer he spent on the newest Weasley Wizard Wheezes product, the less it seemed to work. He knew it was a good idea, but getting it to work seemed to be the problem. The other day, he tested the product out on himself. George found him passed out and shaking on the floor.

After that, George demanded to know what the product was. So, Fred told him. He wanted to make a product that allowed the user to drift off during class, daydream a little. George, too, thought the idea was promising, he was just pessimistic of Fred making it. If something went wrong, what was going to happen to his brother?

So, George set a rule. Fred couldn't work on the product unless someone was with him. Fred was messing with people's mental facilities, it was very dangerous indeed. "You don't have to finish this, you know," George told him. Fred shook his head.

"I'm not giving up, George. I don't think I can." Somehow, George didn't think Fred was talking about the product.

-----

The Room of Requirement was amazing. Seven years going to Hogwarts and Fred never knew that the room existed. "It's bizarre," Fred commented to George, frowning. "We once hid from Filch in here, remember, George? But it was just a broom cupboard then..."

"I remember," George reminisced. "Right after we stole Mrs. Norris." Fred smirked at the memory. Filch was livid that had taken his cat. They just wanted to see if she was a real, authentic vampire cat. She wasn't.

"Well," Harry said, calling attention to himself. "I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and-" Hermione raised her hand. Fred frowned. She didn't think this was a real class, did she? Harry was definitely not going to be giving out homework. And if he tried, Fred wasn't going to do it. "What, Hermione?"

"I think we ought to elect a leader," she said.

"Harry's leader," Cho Chang said at once, looking at Hermione as if she were going mad.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly," Hermione continued, unfazed by Cho's comment. "It makes it formal and it gives him authority. So- everyone who thinks Harry ought to be leader?"

Everyone raised their hands immediately, except for Zacharias Smith. George elbowed the Ravenclaw until he raised his hand, too. Merlin, that guy was annoying.

"Er- right, thanks," Harry said, his face burning. "And-what Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name," she stated. She must have put a lot of thought into this, Fred realized. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" Angelina interjected half-seriously.

"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group," Fred suggested, thinking of Percy. The students around him laughed.

"I was thinking," Hermione said, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside of meetings."

"We can still stick with Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group, Hermione," Fred told her. "We'll just refer to it as the M.M.A.M.G." Hermione just shook her head at him like his mere presence was exhausting to her.

"The Defense Association?" Cho said. "We can stick with D.A. so nobody knows what we're talking about."

"Yeah, the D.A.'s good," Ginny stated. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?" Fred nodded in agreement. Dumbledore's Army was perfect for their little group.