Derek Xavier Allen

VI (6 years later)

"Good morning Sir." She greeted cheerfully as she closed the door behind her.

I nodded my head as she took a seat in front of me with bundles of files pressed tightly to her chest.

"Where is our next project based in?" I asked as I reached for the first file which she carefully placed on my table.

"Sir...I..don't think you will......"

I blinked twice as I opened the file."Florida?" I blinked again,using my index finger to trace the words slowly making sure that they were real and I wasn't imagining them.

"Yes sir." She said after a long thoughtful pause.

I cleared my throat and closed the file."Hand this project over to my father and arrange a meeting with my  business partners." I said as I took another file from the heap she had come with.

"But..Sir..." she started, causing me to look up.

"Yes?" I narrowed my eyes waiting to hear what she had to say.

"The rest of the files."she pointed at the stacks of documents beside her ."Are all associated with this project  based in Florida."

I let out an irritated sigh."What was the instruction I made concerning anything related to Florida?"

"Hand it over to my Father." She replied trying to sound confident.

"So do you mind explaining to me,why you are still seated on my five thousand dollar fur  chair?" I hissed.

She took in a deep breath and fixed her gaze on me."Because the contract clearly states in page five that you are solely in charge of this project. " she answered with a frustrated tone.

I rubbed my temples as I flipped the pages of the contract."who made this stupid contract?

She paused for a while. "Your father." Her tone changed.

I clenched my fist ." Why didn't you say that in the beginning of this conversation." I sighed as I saw my father's signature scripted at the end of the paper.

"Because you didn't ask."She interjected."And it would have been manner less  to interrupt you while you were speaking."

I looked up to meet her amused brown eyes which were the exact same colors as.......

"Secure the land and send in my best architect. " I snapped at her and closed the file again.

"But...Sir." she interrupted again. Her Knitted brows gave out a clear indication that she was getting annoyed.

"What? " My voice rose to a shout.

Her gaze fell down to her lap."The land is owned by someonelse."she said.

I didn't know what was more  disturbing,this project? Or the fact that this girl in front of me reminded me so much of...Sel.

"Get out." I said.

"What?....why?....."she blinked as her eyes searched mine  for an explanation.

I rose my finger up to silence her." I ask the questions not you."

"Yes........Sir."She stammered.

"Now get up from my seat,tell Gremlin to get the plane ready and hand in your resignation letter." I said in a cooling voice as I collected the files from her hands and walked away.

A part of me genuinely missed being questioned but she looked too much like Sel and I couldn't bear to be that close to anyone who had a slight resemblance of her.

If I told you that I was in my hostel behind a bed typing this chapter right now ...would you believe me? Fogive the errors am using a really small phone but the joy of you guys reading this makes it all worth it..

Plsss I still need a cover for this book....if you have any ideas send it to Nweke839@gmail.com

Derek is back babe's

Next update will be on the 12th...i hope