Derek Xavier Allen

"Pleased to meet you."Her hands were soft against mine as I returned the shake.

She took a seat opposite me and reached for her brief case."I have gotten the papers ready and all we need is a signature."She said with a british accent.

Seated in front of me was my attorney-Emily Russ.As soon as I settled into my room,I gave her a quick call and explained everything concerning the land to her.I liked professionals and that was what made me have a high level of respect for Emily,she always got things done perfectly and exactly on time;for a mother of four she was in a really good shape but still not my type so I just kept our relationship strictly on business.

"Okay then."I said as I pulled out my Aurora Diamante pen from my breast pocket.'Where do i sign

"No..no..this isn't for you Mr.Xavier."She smiled."This is for the owner of the land and by the way,where is she?"

I tucked my pen back in my pocket and looked at her."What she?....which owner?"

Emily arched her brows as she met my gaze."Mr Xavier...did you think this land would be for free?Of course someone owns it."

"But...."

My mind drifted back to the conversation with my former assistant days back.

The land is owned by someonelse.

I cleared my throat and straightened myself."I was just pulling your legs."I lied.I could not make myself look foolish in front of my workers."I scheduled a meeting with her this afternoon and I apologize because I didn't expect you to come this early."

"Ohh...is that so?"She squinted her brows."Then you wouldn't mind me accompanying you to this meeting...would you?"She crossed her legs and sat up like what I had said had caught her attention.

"Thank you for the offer but that won't be necessary."I said."This is my first encounter with her and I don't want to put her under the pressure of forcefully selling her land to me."

Emily nodded in agreement."I see where you are coming from Mr.Xavier.Okay then go for your meeting and give me a call in 2 weeks time."She said as she got up from her seat.

"Why two weeks?"I asked as I got up also from my seat as well.

"I am a busy lady Mr. Xavier and after those days are up I will be back in England and the next time I will be able to meet with you will be ina month."She explained."Hope to see you soon."She stretched out her hand.

"I will give you a call as soon as possible."I returned the shake.

As soon as Emily was out of an ear shot,I let out a frustrated growl and sunk into my chair.

How the hell was I going to convince someone to sell their land to me under eleven days?

After a while of muttering to myself,I got up from my seat with my four body guards doing the same.One of them opened the door for me while the other led the way into the elevator.

They took their positions around me while I got busy with my phone.After some time I noticed that we had not gotten to the floor of my room neither were the elevator doors closed.

"Why are we still here?"I announced.

"Sorry,Sir but someonelse...actually two people want to join in and I am trying to explain to him....."

I held up my hand and immediately he ceased his ability to speak."Names?"

Before one of my men could ,a tall man dressed in a light pink suite and blonde curly hair stepped into view."Perry Williams." He answered."And it is good to see you are back in town Derek."He grinned.

I couldn't attempt a smile so I just nodded instead and told one of my men to let him in but there was something different about Perry and that was his scent.

I couldn't place my finger on who I had perceived it from but the smell got stronger as the doors of the elevator closed and soon enough I was intoxicated by it.

where was that scent coming from?