Derek Xavier Allen

"Buenas noches,Mi secretaria le envirará el trabajo de papel."I said to the man on the other line as I unbuckled my sleeves.

"Pero señor,ese no era el acuerdo."He complained.

I let out a loud hiss."Te doy diez minutos para enviarlo."I said in a deadly whisper as I unworked the buttons of my shirt.

"Tu..tu....."

I hung up the call before he could start pleading like the fool he was.Spanish people were known for their ability to suck billions from a man like me,he must have been more stupid than I thought if he was trying to use me to get rich.

I tossed my shirt on the bed along with my pants and tie and reached for my towel,I  wrapped it tightly around my waist as I stepped into the hot shower.I began to replay the event from two days ago,why had I asked Perry such a stupid question?,of course Balmain designers were going to be there but the main question was...was she going to be there?

I pulled my hair furiously as the memory of her face found the way back into my mind;no matter how hard I tried to deny it,a part of me wanted to see her, to feel her while another part of me wanted her to feel pain,the type she had put me through.I turned off the faucet and retrieved a spare towel which I used to wipe my face,I slipped on my boxer briefs and began to make way into rom until I saw my reflection in a mirror.My short sandy brown hair was transformed to  black,I had done this in order to hide myself from the paparazzi when i had made the decision to go to the desert,my eyes were still the same dark ocean blue but they became more focused,hard and rigid and my jaw was now well defined with a permanent scowl on the face of my lips.

I looked away from the mirror and  placed the wet towel on a rack as stepped into my room.My room was ten times the size of an average hotel room with a kitchen,an indoor swimming pool at the center of it  and a cinema room,I approached my bed and grabbed the thin cloth from my pocket and stared at it.My hands tingled for it to be discarded but I knew better than to throw away the only thing which made me sleep at night.

I collapsed on my bed and kept on staring at it.Five years was enough time to get over someone,wasn't it?...I let out a frustrated groan and buried my face in my palms,as my thoughts wondered around in the silent room.I tried shutting my eyes to get a good night sleep but my plan failed as my phone began to vibrate beside me.

"Hablar."I said as I picked up the call,not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Mr Xavier?"She questioned with her evident accent.

I let out a low sigh as I realized who it was."My apologies Emily,I thought you were someone else."I lay down on my bed and turned on the loud speaker.

"No Problem Mr.Xavier."She said."I called to ask how your meeting with the land owner went?"She asked.

I had almost forgotten about the real reason I had come to Miami...the contract."I will do that first thing tomorrow."

"You haven't spoken to her yet?"She sighed."Last I recalled you told me you were having a meeting with her two days ago."

As much as Emily was good at her job,she could be very annoying sometimes."She cancelled."I lied.

"Okay then."She gave in."But word has it that she will be present in this years fashion show,the won hosted by Perry williams this saturday,you can arrange to meet her there then."

"Thank you for the information."I said coldly."I will get back to you as soon as I get the signature."

"Very well,Mr.Xavier."She replied and ended the call.

Great!

Not only would I keep an eye out for Sel but I would also have to keep an eye out for  a land owner who I knew no information about.

Should I make it longer?I need answers pls.

Vote 

comment 

if you like the story