Annabellei

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days, days turned to months, months turned to years.

Five years.

Five years since I had heard his voice and seen his face. He had disappeared after that day; I searched everywhere, newspapers, magazines and sometimes I even went as far as stalking his fan pages. There was no single trace of him.

I took in a deep breath as I prepared to ask the question that I already knew the answer to. "Is he here?"

He paused for a while and looked down at me with pity in his eyes. "No". He replied for the thousandth time.

I nodded and let out a small smile as I handed a bag filled with chocolates to him. Pls make sure it gets to her.

He returned the smile back and collected the bag from my hands. I took a quick glance at the balcony then at the security man then got into my car and drove off.

She was not there.

Every Wednesdays for the past five years, I always punished myself. I would drive from Tampa to Orlando just to stop by at Derek's place before I went to work.. His house was still the same color and form he had left it in, the grey walls were still perfectly intact with no single crack on them but his pond had changed; the blue pond which was surrounded by beautiful white swans had been abandoned for a sea green pond with no swans or any form of life, it made me wonder if anyone had looked after it since he left. I hardly ever saw Penelope but when I did, she was either at the balcony or in her room staring at the sky from her window and from the little information the security mad had trusted me with, David Allen was hardly ever around which was a huge advantage for me, I had never had an encounter with him since that day. There was nothing I could do for Penelope apart from get her chocolates, she was not allowed to leave her house and neither was I allowed to go in.

I turned on the music in my car as I approached a familiar street. Music always helped a little with the pain. I took in a deep breath again as I prepared myself for what I was about to see as I turned my head to the side, the once tall building which was accompanied with a large garden filled with beautiful flowers was now gone and replaced with ashes. The place I had learn to love and read was gone, he burned ithe burned down our house. For the four hundredth time I had been to this place, I could never get used to seeing it this way, tears always seemed to find a way to my eyes whenever I came here. I had hope in my heart that one day, I would come back here to meet the once beautiful field. I looked at it once more before I drove off.

Not too far from the house was Howard high school. When Derek burned the house, his next target was his school but rather than burning it down, he did something much worsehe sold it; it was no longer called Howard school, it was now called Henrys wine farm. It was the largest factory in Florida which manufactured more than half of the wine which was distributed across the states, no one had ever seen the owner of the factory. It looked nothing like my former high school but I loved coming here anyways, it was amazing to see the laborers work so hard; my favorite part had to be when the women went into the farms with large woven baskets only to return back with baskets upon baskets of grapes. I was fascinated at just how much colors and forms grapes could come in.

Once I realized how fixed Derek was on destroying any place we had ever been, I immediately purchased the one thing I could not bear to see destroyed-the waterfall. I bought it and the land around it, it was my most prized possession. I made sure to visit my property at least twice every month, I even went as far as building a little cottage beside it.It was the most peaceful place on earth, just listening to the sound of the water gushing and the chirping of the beds always gave me some sort of peace, one I could never explain