Annabelle

Five days later.

It was him,really him.Sooner or later I would have to confront him but unluckily for me it was sooner which was tomorrow during the fashion show.

I felt a light tap on my hand,snapping me back to reality."Sel?"Dylan called.

I cleared my throat and straightened."Yes babe?"I answered as I took a bite from my food.

"Um..are you okay?"He asked.

I forced a smile."Of course I am."I replied as I sipped a glass of water.

"You've been off lately."He said as he stretched out his hand to meet mine across the table."Is everything really okay."

No

"Of course babe."I gave his hand a soft squeeze."It's just work."

"Really Sel?...you expect me to believe you."He let out a laugh."Why does my girl friend find it hard to open up to me?"

I rolled my eyes."Why does my boy friend not believe me?"I fired back.

He gave me a soft smile and brought my hands to his lips."Because he wants you to be okay for him."He said as he kissed my hand.

Dylan was perfect.kind,caring and open.He was the complete opposite of Derek.

"Well she is okay."I lied.

But why couldn't his kisses make me feel different like Dereks.

I looked away from our entwined hands and focused on my food.I was so stupid to think of such a thing,Dylan had been there for me when I needed him the most,he was an incredible person and I would always be grateful to him.

"If she is then,I have something very important to say to her."He said.

My eye snapped up from my food to meet his dark eyes."Okay go on."

Usually when a guy said he had something important to say.It could mean two things,either he was breaking up with you or......

"Selami Annabelle Adewale..I love you so much more than you can ever imagine,I have known you for some years now and I wish I would have known you longer."He let out a breath as he looked up to meet my eyes.

Oh!no..He wasn't going to do what I think he was going to do..right?

"Anytime I look at you,it becomes more and more clear why my life is incomplete and I won't waste any more time figuring what is clearly in front of me."He pushed his chair backwards."Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"He asked as he dropped on one knee.

My fork fell from my hand and landed on the floor.I couldn't speak,my throat was dry and even if I could muster up the courage to answer his question...what would I have said?...He looked up at me with so much joy in his eyes,waiting patiently for my answer.

I silently prayed for a distraction."I...I......"

The 'No' answer  couldn't come out and it that moment I could kiss my phone as It rang loudly.

I cleared my throat and quickly got up from my seat."I have to take this."I said as I snatched my phone from the table and made my way to the restroom.

My heart pounded loudly as I entered into one of the stalls and picked up the call."Hey jack."I steadied my voice.

"It's perry on the phone."He corrected.

I let out a low laugh."I am so sorry..so wats up?"I asked.

"No problem."He said."Are you busy at the moment?"