[1]

Standing in slight shock, I watched the taller male disperse out of the computer lab, the echos of his voice fading out with him. He took my letter. He took my letter. What would he do with it? Would he show it to other people? Would he show it to Zoe?

I began bolting after him, desperately spluttering out words in attempts to get him to stop and return the flimsy piece of paper. Nothing I said, no excuse I offered would stop Connor Murphy from stealing my letter and potentially ruining my life with it. 7

"P-Please...Connor! I didn't write it to...to annoy you...a-and," I called, my heart beating prominently in my chest, the thumps almost audible over the shouting.

"Likely story, why would I just 'believe you', what in the past has happened in this fucking school to make me believe you," He retorted, presumably through clenched teeth. His voice seemed harsh, but there was an essence of vulnerability lining his words. I halted in my path, adrenaline subsiding and leaving me as a shaking, slouching mess. 

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry! But I really need it back...my therapist told me I had to write letters to myself...it's dumb, it's really dumb...I shouldn't have mentioned your sister...I didn't mean to anger you, Connor...please...I just need it back....I'm-" My shaking voice trailed away from me, and my ability to speak vanished. Instead, I was left in the middle of the corridor, my entire body weak and a few stray tears escaping my eyes. Despite the lack of students, I still felt as though a million eyes were burning through my flesh, forcing me to the ground in an attempt to avoid the heat. 

I crouched on the ground, a thin layer of sweat coating my body, sticking my clothes to my flesh and making it feel like they were suffocating me. 

"Are you...are you alright?" Connor asked in slight confusion, unsure of what exactly was happening. I nodded, taking deep breaths as my mother had instructed when something similar happened when I was with her. 

"I'm...I'm fine..." I murmured, biting my lip and attempting to fight away any thoughts that were telling me to leave the situation. 

"What's happened to you?" 

"Nothing t-to worry about." 

"Clearly," He retorted, "Do you need something? Water?" I glanced up momentarily, my turn to feel confused. Why was he trying to help me? Was this a trap? He still had my letter, after all. I shook my head before shifting my weight to my knees.

"P-Please...don't...don't show the letter to anyone," I said, preparing my body for any swings the taller male may want to take at me for saying such a thing. Connor swiftly reached for my shirt, yanking it violently in an upward direction and raising me to my feet. His eyes scanned over my small body.

"You don't tell people I 'freaked out' or whatever. I'll know if you did, alright?" I nodded sharply, lightly removing the sheet of paper from the other's outstretched hand, before watching the individual walk out of the school building. 

~

Hey!

I started writing a little thing and thought Id turn it into a full story, so here we go :D

Hopefully I want update it once a year lmao

-TeenyWeenyCoconut