Bonus Chapter: Valentines Day

The weather had suddenly dropped, and as a result a film of ice coated the pavements, making it difficult to make even short journeys. Despite this, I was still determined to make it to Connor's house. It was far to dangerous for him to drive over, so potentially slipping was a small sacrifice to make.  The amount of layers engulfing my body would stop any injuries from occurring if an incident were to happen anyway. 

Before I knew it, I was walking up the drive and almost immediately the brunette appeared. His face seemed somewhat displeased. 

"I can't believe you still came over, you'll catch a cold," He called, walking out to meet me. 

"Not likely," I dismissed, smiling. "I'm boiling. I think I was a bit too cautious about that." Playfully, he rolled his eyes and we walked into the house together. I relieved myself of the layers, sighing happily as I did so.  

"Are we going upstairs?"  I asked softly, turning my body, ready to go up to his room.

"No!" He exclaimed, leaping infront of me. "No, you can't. Not today. I've...I've left some stuff out." I glanced at him momentarily, but didn't dwell on the subject. It didn't matter really anyway. 

"I'll go make us some tea, then." I shuffled into the kitchen, flicking the kettle on. Leaning on the counter, I waited patiently for the water to boil, Connor shortly joining me. 

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" He asked, casually twiddling a strand of his hair. 

I pondered for a moment, wondering if I had any chores to do. "Tommorow?"

"Valentines day, Evan."

I blushed slightly, partly from forgetting what day it was, but also from the realisation that this was our first valentines day together. My first valentines day with anyone. I shook my head awkwardly, glad the kettle had beeped so that I could do something with my hands.

"Well...would you like to go somewhere with me tomorrow?" I tried to briefly look at him, worried he might be looking back at me, but instead he was glancing down, a thick curtain of curly hair masking his face. Through the gaps, I could see he was blushing, though. "I have some theatre tickets. I don't want them to go to waste...would you be interested in going with me?" 

I smiled softly, handing him his mug. "I would love to." I gently sipped from my own cup, Connor becoming visibly more relaxed. It's a weird feeling, knowing that someone was nervous to ask me on a date with them, but it's nice. 

~~

"I don't want to over-dress," I said, my laptop filming me flicking through my wardrobe and streaming it live to Jared. "Could you help?"

"Why are you asking me?" He uttered in response, clearly interested in other things. "I know I have an amazing fashion sense, but isn't this something you can talk to your Mom, or Alana about?"

"Jared...please," I returned, turning to look desperate in the camera. "I bet someone like you goes on dates all of the time...I need your advice!" The other rolled his eyes, finally agreeing to lend his expertise, a smirk on his face as he helped. 

Eventually, I was ready for the next day to come. Even though we had been together for around a year now, I couldn't help be feel nervous. 

~~

I waited patiently in the place where we planned to meet, wincing slightly at the cold as I wasn't exactly dressed perfectly for the weather, but Jared said that I looked nice, so it'd be worth being slightly uncomfortable. We'd be inside soon, anyway. 

Shortly, Connor pulled up, and I slid into the vehicle. His hair which was pulled back into a neat bun perfectly framed his face, and he looked particularly handsome in his light blue shirt and dark sweater. 

"The show doesn't start for another few hours yet, so we could go gets some food," He hummed. "It's not very romantic...but how does going to a Drive Thru sound?"

Offering a grin, I placed my hand on his shoulder. "That sounds perfect. Going anywhere with you is perfect."  Connor chuckled, starting the engine back up and beginning to drive.

"Jesus Christ, Evan. That might be the gayest thing you've said to me." He turned his eyes from the road momentarily just to wink, causing a red filter to be cast upon my face. 

~

After receiving the food, Connor parked up. The spot wasn't particularly special in anyway- the fast food restaurants were located near an industrial area- but we were still lucky enough to be facing a lovely tree. It's branches were still bare, but it was nice to look at nonetheless. 

"I...uh, made you something," Connor piped up, reaching into one of his pockets after finishing his food. He eventually retrieved an item, holding it with one hand and taking my arm with the other. Slipping something around my wrist, he eventually let me look at it. He had placed a bracelet on me, with translucent black and blue beads which caused a pattern to appear on my hand when the light caught it, along with a small charm of a redwood tree. 

"Redwood trees represent 'forever'," I muttered, still staring down at the piece of jewellery, delicately touching the charm. 

"Yeah..." Connor responded, tucking a strand of hair that had escaped his bun behind his ear. "Because...we will be, well- I mean- I hope we'll be...together...for forever." For a moment, I continued looking at my wrist, thinking deeply about what the other had said. I then swiftly launched myself at Connor, wrapping my arms around him in a warm embrace. 

Sitting back slightly, I kissed him softly. "I hope so too. You and I, for forever."

~~~~~

Hey there!

I wanted to get this out like, a week before valentines day, and yet here we are. The writing is weak in places since I was rushing a bit, but i'm quite happy with the route it took, not to toot my own horn. 

I hope you have a lovely valentines day, whether you have a date, or not. If this day upsets you, don't hesitate to contact me if you want to talk. I understand that it can get lonely.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this bonus chapter!

Sincerely, 

                    me (TeenyWeenyCoconut)