Chapter 8 - The shared trail of stars.

~ Author's Note ~

Hiya, my lil' readers~ Thanks to you, this story is what it is until now. Thanks to you I've got the courage to upload every now and then nwn

Our heroes follow a trail of stars. Coincidentally, Reader goes that same way. Hold your horses! The fated hour is near... owo

Enjoy nwn

~ × × × ~

"Hmmm... I've got one more ticket..." (Name) asked to herself as she walked in the fair "What can I do with this?"

"Unsure about the future? Or even about YOUR present?" the star-shaped female alien wasn't even talking with her, but (Name) nodded "Ask the great wizard! The great wizard sees everything with his crystal ball!"

"The great wizard? What a great imagination for a name!" she giggled "Please, even I CAN get a crystal ball and do as if I predict that a giant monster appears here at the fair."

"It is predicted that a giant monster will appear in this very fair soon!"

"Oh, please!" out of the blue, a monster with many eyes and many tails growled, but (Name) shot at it with a laser gun she took from her backpack. It fell to the floor, defeated (maybe dead...?) "That's nothing."

"He knows EVERYTHING!!"

"I doubt about it." as the furball walked away...

"He can see EVERYTHING!!"

"I bet he can't!" she turned and entered the tent.

(Name) tried to walk steadly, but the inside was dark, and full with spider webs... and spiders. Removing a cobweb that got stuck to her face, she pouted.

"Ugh... Do they ever clean here?"

"Come nearer."

"Suspicious! I'm beginning to untrust you, great wizard."

"You shouldn't. We've met before."

"... What."

"Hey, huntress."

"You!?"

The black shadow from some chapters before appeared in front of her, floating in perfect circles. A sinister smile drew across his form.

"It sure is a pleasure to see you again... and in such a good shape." he said, almost mocking about her terrible appearance. She just spent a night in the jungle, after all.

"I've got nothing to give you now, black ghost. I'm not in need of your confusing data, either!"

"Confusing? Liar."

"Liar!? Last time I talked to you, you confused my poor brain!"

"Ignorant creature. If a Star Nomad like you would understand." the shadow flew straight into (Name)'s chest. She closed her eyes, but... nothing came. He just flew through her, like a ghost would "You are in need of an answer."

"Who told you, you know-it-all?"

"What you're searching for is no longer in this planet, for he moves with more agility than you; because a different goal from yours is his one and only passion, he will be where a voice in need invoke him, could."

"Again there you go with the annoying rhyming."

"Don't waste your time here, huntress, if you want to hunt down something. Go, and follow the way that stars shall show you towards your goal..."

"... What?"

"The trail of stars."

"Ah. You could be more especific sometimes."