Chapter 3: An assassin amongst us

It had been three days of intense marching and despite both Madara and Minato having crossed gazes a couple of times, none dared speak to the other. Madara couldn't get the last syllables his brother had pronounced, 'Na' and 'Mi', out of his head. He had thought about it almost a thousand times, thinking he might've referred to the Namikaze, but upon seeing Minato and thinking of those blonds... he knew that they were too weak to assassinate an Uchiha. Even so, he couldn't discard Minato from being a suspect. On the other hand, he had tried to look for a deeper meaning. He knew that 'Nami' was a wave, but the problem was that many clans could respond to that metaphor. It could be the Uzumaki, who lived near the Namikaze's ports; their piers and beaches were known for their intense waves. But it could also be a clan from the Village of Rain or even the poor city of waves. Everything was confusing. The more he thought of it, the less sense it all made and the more suspicious he grew of everyone. He couldn't even discard the feudal family of the Senju, who had some type of inverse trident on their family emblem— something related to the sea.

That night, before the beginning of the great challenge, was a cold and hard night. Every ninja looked at each other amongst everyone, knowing that only the first to arrive at the grand imperial city would be the one to have the feudal lord's favors at their disposal. Here, everyone would do anything to win, even kill other competitors so long as they're first. Minato observed them cautiously; he knew that he was the weakest amongst all of them. The clans had all improved, they had united with others and obtained specially powerful techniques, but the Namikaze had all fallen behind. Only their speed characterized them, only the wind would be on their side against abilities such as the Byakugan or the Sharingan— abilities that he would have to fight against at some point and he wasn't so sure he would come out victorious.

After a couple of hours sitting in front of the fire, Minato decided to go to sleep. Tomorrow would be a long day, it was also possible... that it would even be the day of his death. At times, that idea didn't let him get some sleep and other times, it seemed to be the best escape from his miserable life. The Namikaze clan had sunk and now its members only served as a coin of change to satisfy the morbid wishes of other ninjas. Minato knew very well how they only wanted them to show off in front of their friends how they could maintain sex with a blond. There were too many ninja who had sexual fantasies with them, but... only for that odd color of their hair.

Minato walked towards his tent which was situated on the other side of camp. Amongst the darkness, something caught Minato's attention; he immediately pulled a kunai out, able to throw and stop a few star shuriken that were coming towards his direction. Despite having blocked the first attack, a hand grabbed hold of his neck, pushing him against the trunk of a nearby tree. The dim light that the moon was able to reflect was enough for Minato to see the emblem of the Fuma family— one of the families that used the wind element just like the Namikaze family.

"I didn't think that the Namikaze were so stupid as to enter a battle they can't win." The boy from the Fuma family exclaimed.

"What do you want?" Minato asked, hardening his gaze.

"Isn't it obvious? To put you back in your place, Namikaze. We are the true users of the wind element, you, on the other hand... are the whores for the rest of us other ninja."

"Go to hell. I'll never be anyone's whore."

"No? Aren't they going to marry you to an Uzumaki? Why do you think they're doing that? It's not for the prestige of your clan, nor for how strong you are; it's only because they want to fuck you." Fuma smiled. "Admit it, your clan is no longer worth anything except for being our pastime in bed."

"Arashi Fuma," Minato smiled. "I know who you are. They call you 'The Storm' but you don't control the wind nor half of what I can." Minato bragged with a grand smile. "Let go of me now and I'll let you walk away."