Chapter 7: Hiro Uzumaki

A chilling wind blew, tussling the front strands of hair that fell on either side of Minato's face. That golden hair had captured Hiro Uzumaki's attention. He still couldn't believe that his little sister had gotten her way and had managed to convince both clans to take that boy in marriage. Any ninja would've paid to have some blond from the Namikaze clan in their bed, but he never would've expected to marry them— they were a dishonor that only served to keep the beds of the best ninjas warm, or so Hiro thought. He didn't even care if Minato were to marry his sister so long as he could tell everyone he had laid with a Namikaze to satisfy his personal morbid fantasy. He'd be the envy of everyone.

Minato, upon seeing the lustful smile, moved his frozen hand towards the bag of kunai on his right leg, focusing and enduring the pain of having to open and close those fingers that had gone through such a cold night. He didn't feel too good— his hands weren't responding due to the cold they were suffering and surely, sooner or later, his body would enter in hypothermia. The chilly wind that was blowing wasn't helping, either, and telling from the clouds that lay ahead, it was going to snow soon.

With great suffering, he closed his fingers around the hilt of his kunai and waited, calmly observing the eyes of the red-haired man that would soon attack. He waited for some seals and knew he should react the same, but he didn't know up to what point his fingers would respond to form the seals he needed.

"We could do this the easy way, Minato," Hiro smirked. "You just have to let yourself go, you'll enjoy yourself with me."

"It'll never be easy," Minato made it clear.

"Take a good look at yourself, boy... your hands are frozen; you can barely move them. Let go of that kunai before you hurt yourself."

Replying would've been a waste of time. Minato simply tightened his grip on the kunai and patiently waited. Madara was not here to help him but even so, he was tired of always being treated as someone weak, of being underestimated. He was the genius of the Namikaze and while his clan could be considered weak, he would make sure of proving them wrong. The Namikaze clan would rise from its ashes because it was not willing to let itself be insulted by anyone.

Instantly, Minato's eyes detected Hiro's first sudden hand moves; he was creating his first seals. Seeing the elements, Minato threw the sharp kunai on the ground in front of him and began forming his seals with difficulty but as fast as he could. The Uzumaki were expert in sealing techniques, but he wasn't too far behind.

Hiro's paralysis technique was soon to take effect under Minato's feet when suddenly, Minato disappeared in a cloud of dust, leaving behind a log in which he had released as a replacement. Hiro smirked upon feeling Minato's chakra leaving from there, but it wouldn't be easy for him to escape. He followed him to the forest and practically had him in sight when he wanted to release his next seals.

"You won't escape, Minato." Hiro smiled, but when the seal was formed and the ability was about to come out, a kunai traveled in Hiro's direction. He realized then that he had completely fallen in Minato's trap— Minato wasn't escaping, he was looking for the right moment to attack.

Minato transported to his kunai, grabbing it with his left hand while his right activated the Rasengan. Hiro had never seen anything like that ability, but he knew he could never expect something predictable from him. The very man Jiraiya Namikaze himself— Minato's master—  had spread the word that this boy would be the one to resurface the clan; an authentic genius who invented his own techniques.

The Rasengan fully impacted Hiro, strongly pushing him to the floor. Not even by seeing that ninja on the floor did Minato let his guard down. He saw the seal he had placed on his back and took a distance from him, once again trying to move his pained hands. Seeing that Hiro wasn't moving, he returned to grab his horse and leave from there, but when he was just doing so, a hand grabbed his own, placing it against one of the ruins' walls. He wanted to move when a sole cry of pain came from his mouth upon feeling a kunai being nailed into his hand.