Chapter 9: The Cave

The crackling of the flames consuming the wood was the only thing that could be heard within the deep cave. Minato separated his lips for a few seconds before Madara could unite them again with impatience. To Madara, the possibility of falling in love in a competition like this was very remote; even more when he had barely lost his brother a few days before all of this.

Minato Namikaze looked like a lost, lonely boy—one that bad luck followed. Had he been born in the Uchiha clan, he would've had a great future ahead of him, but he had the bad luck of being born to the Namikaze clan—an almost extinct clan—a clan that would do anything to resurface, even if it meant selling their best ninja to the highest bidder so long as they got alliances. That boy was lost. If he got out of this alive, he would lose his freedom and would marry Kushina Uzumaki.

That thought made Madara's blood boil in anger. That sweet and passionate boy was going to belong to a woman. They were going to bring him into the clan and surely... half of those ninjas in the Uzumaki clan would force him to be in their beds. He couldn't stand the idea.

Taking out a force of will that Madara didn't think to have at that moment, he managed to place his hands on the young one's waist, separating him for a bit. Minato knew something was going on; something was bothering the proud Uchiha and surely it had to do something with his behaviour. With a sad and painful look, Minato faintly moved away from him, giving him some space while lowering his gaze towards the floor.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable." Minato said, but Madara realized that he was misinterpreting the situation.

"Do not apologize, I am not refusing you." Madara said, getting Minato to raise his gaze towards him with a strange shine of surprise in his eyes. "It's just.... I want you to be sure about this. I... I  don't want to be like everyone else, Minato. I'll never ask you for just sex, nor will you be a piece of meat on my bed for me to use just for a good time; I don't want that from you. I know that for everyone else you're some sort of trophy, that they all want to take you to bed and I don't want you to be just that."

"I don't understand," Minato confusingly said. "I can be nothing more than this for you. Marriage between men isn't allowed and you know that. I don't also believe that you've fallen in love with me—not in such short time."

"I just want you to be sure about what you're doing, that's all." Madara said. "I'm honored that you've chosen me but I need to know that this is what you want and that you're not letting yourself be influenced by the idea that you're going to lose your freedom or that you're going to die here."

"It's the first time I can choose," Minato said with a smile. "And I've chosen to be with you."

"This could be a problem for you. If the Uzumaki clan finds out about this... that you stopped being a virgin before marriage..."

"They won't find out." Minato claimed. "Kushina is a woman, there's no way she could enter me and the rest of the Uzumaki..." He paused for a moment before assimilating what would happen in that clan. "Well, you know..." He smiled sadly. "Kushina won't come live with me in my clan and they're only arranging me with her because the Namikaze need a strong heir. They believe that by joining Namikaze blood with Uzumaki blood, they would get a stronger line... but I'd have to live in that clan and I don't think the rest of the ninja would leave me in peace."

"They'll find out you're no virgin."

"But they won't be able to say anything about it," Minato commented, very sure of himself. "Because if they say that they've violated me, they'll have to deal with the leader of the Uzumaki. Kushina is his daughter; he'd be off with their heads, so they wouldn't risk it. They wouldn't say anything."