Chapter 12: Obsession

Hashirama observed how Minato tried to leave. This was something he had never had to deal with. He was a part of the noblest family in the territory, all the clans owed him loyalty and when he got his eyes on some young man, he always ended up getting him one way or the other. He had only chosen to marry his wife to get a son, but in reality, everyone knew he spent his nights with the numerous young men that his power and influence had managed to provide him with, and now, he had set his eyes on Minato.

Even before the boy was part of the Uzumaki deal, Hashirama had already desired him, but that clan had gotten ahead of him. Even so, he wasn't going to give up. That boy would end up in his entourage at any cost. He'd be his best trophy.

"Don't even think to leave like that with nothing more," An annoyed Hashirama tightly grabbed Minato's arm.

"Don't touch me!" Minato got angered as he tried to get out of his grip, but no success.

"I am the feudal lord here, I control all this territory and all the clans owe me respect."

"We don't owe you anything!" Minato blurted. "Respect is something that should be earned, not imposed. I'm not your property or anyone else's so do me a favor and let go of me because it's no inconvenience for me to break your arm despite you being a feudal lord."

"Don't underestimate me, brat, I'm also a ninja; I could make you mine at any moment."

"And I could kill you way before you could even come near accomplishing your goal," He snapped back, feeling how Hashirama tightened his grip on his wrist.

"Let go of him," Another voice was heard from the side. "I said let go of him, now!" Tobirama shouted—the eldest brother and heir to the territory.

Hashirama let go of Minato's wrists with resignation as Tobirama approached them, apologizing to the blond for his brother's bad behaviour. Upon seeing that scene, Hashirama decided to leave, but in his escape, he found himself face to face with Madara.

"Now you're spying?" Hashirama asked.

"I didn't know the Namikaze interested you," Madara smirked. "I didn't think you'd fall so low as to do something like that."

"The fact that we were once friends does not give you the right to get in my business. That Namikaze will be mine sooner or later."

"Are you going to pay for him with your dad's money?" He smiled sarcastically. "Please... enjoy your retinue and forget the Namikaze. He's already engaged to an Uzumaki and their clan would never hand him over to you."

"Don't be so sure. I can offer them much."

"You can't offer them anything," Madara smirked.

"I see what's going on... you like him, too," Hashirama smirked this time.

"Possibly, but neither you nor I have a chance with him. The difference is that I'm aware and you're still obsessed with him."

"I'll offer them the longed-for position they want, political office."

"You can't, that's a right and a privilege granted by the ruler of the Senju family, in other words... your father. You can't do anything and [besides], the Namikaze want their clan to revive: they wish for offspring and you can't give that to them, neither can I. They'll never sell Minato to a male ninja and you know that. How do you think he ended up in an arranged marriage with Kushina Uzumaki?" Madara smiled. "They only want him to get her pregnant and have a strong alliance, to have a half Namikaze-half Uzumaki child. That boy has no escape."

"We'll see about that. He'll be mine no matter what it takes."

Madara watched as Hashirama walked away, angry. He could still remember his childhood years when he used to play hide and seek with him in the yard of the palace in the imperial city. He was a good kid, but something had changed. Perhaps it was the expectations his family placed on him, or maybe because they had spoiled him in everything. He was no longer the boy he once knew. Their relationship changed when Hashirama began treating the Uchiha as if he were his servant. At that moment, Madara stopped going over to play with him. He skipped going to the city and concentrated on training for his clan. Now after years of being unable to see him, he realized just how much that boy [from long ago] had changed.