Chapter 20: The mystery.

Shisui watched as Madara quickly and silently walked out of the cabin. He seemed upset and the only thing he could do was get up upon seeing the other walk up to him.

"Show me your wrists," Madara demanded.

"What? My wrists? Why?"

"Do it!" He shouted.

Shisui pulled his sleeves up immediately, giving sight to the bandages around his wrists. From the look Madara gave him, he didn't seem to like that but said nothing. He simply started undoing the bandages to see what was under them despite Shisui still not understanding what was going on.

"Happy?" Shisui asked, seeing how Madara turned the boy's wrists over and over as if trying to see something that wasn't there. "Can I know what you're looking for?"

"Minato's mark."

"And you think I'm going to have it? I was by your side the entire time," He said.

"It's true... I'm sorry... but knowing he's an Uchiha irritates me. It's simply inadmissible that one of ours could go so far for an obsession."

"I think... we should rest for today. You stay here and I'll return to the clan. Someone should tell them what's happened. If news of Minato still being alive spreads throughout the clan, the killer would have to come to finish his job and you'll be here waiting for him."

"I won't let him get near him," Madara said, convinced of it. "Return to the clan and make sure everyone knows that Minato is alive still—make sure to tell them... that he saw his assassin. That way he'll have to come to finish what he started."

***

Two days had passed since then—two eternal days where it seemed that Minato was recovering before suffering another crisis. The demon would take long to heal the wound but it seemed that the attacks were less frequent. Even still, Tsunade wouldn't [take her eyes off that boy] and administered enough sedatives to keep him asleep.

Those two days... had been like a witch hunt. Shisui and Madara had tried to find the assassin's mark—the mark that Minato had left behind but they had realized that almost all the Uchiha had their wrists bandaged. They had to resort to forcing the situation a million different ways for them to undo their bandages—even going as far as to throwing tea on them if it was necessary and in the end, they were still searching. Obito, noticing how both were dropping drinks everywhere and checking wrists, had been surprised and ended up asking about it. After voluntarily showing his wrists to both of them, they had no choice but to sigh and give him the information so he'd help them look for the loose assassin in their clan.

Obito took advantage of Madara's silence to sit next to him. Both looked out into the horizon in the clan they couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in. The Yamanaka wouldn't stop looking at the Uchiha who lately wandered around in their village.

"They don't want us here," Obito whispered, seeing how nervous everyone was in the clan.

"I know. As soon as Minato recovers, I'll take him to his clan and we'll leave the Yamanaka to resume their lives. They won't have to put up with us anymore."

"And what'll happen to the killer? If you don't find him, he'll continue killing people for that kid."

"I know," Madara told him.

"Do you have any other clue as to whom it could be?"

"Not yet," Madara whispered as he brought his hands up to cover his mouth. He seemed to be in thought and even to Obito, this meant he knew more than he was saying—or at least... he was thinking of something.