Chapter 11

Status: edited

Pony's P.o.V.
Ponyboy,
Friend. I hate that word. I hate being your friend,

I was stunned. My bottom lip began quivering and my eyes watered. Had he been pretending this whole time?

because I want to be so much more. I'm in love with you Ponyboy.

I let out an audible gasp. Was he serious?

Crazy, huh?

Yeah crazy. I would have never expected it.

Go back to all the other notes and read the first word of each.
Johnny

My eyes widened as I scrambled to get the rest of my notes. I laid them all out in order.

Pony,
Will you please believe me when I tell you, I truly do care. You make me smile everyday, even when I'm not around you. Just thinking about the next time we see each other puts a huge grin on my face.

Your Best Friend,
Johnny

Ponyboy,
You are such a great person, don't let anyone tell you other wise. You're my best friend and you'll always be my best friend. We'll stick by each other's sides through thick and thin. That's a promise I'm making to you.

Your best friend,
Johnny

Ponyboy,
Please forgive me for staying away all day. I just had a lot of things to think over. I wanted to promise you that I'll never leave, and that I'll always be your best friend. I'll forever stand by you, I promise.
Your best friend,
Johnny

Ponyboy,
Be sure to remember that I am not mad at you, nor could I ever be mad at you. You're still my best friend, and you always will be. Come talk to me if you ever need to.
Your best friend,
Johnny.

Ponyboy,
My intentions when I told your brothers were good, I promise. I know that you don't realize it now, but you need help. I don't know what I would do with myself if you died. I love you. Never forget how much you mean to me. You'll get through this, I promise.
Your best friend,
Johnny

Ponyboy,
Boy I sure did miss you this week. The gang keeps teasing me because every time I talk it's usually about something that involves you. I don't mind though. You make me happy.
Your best friend,
Johnny

Ponyboy,
Friend. I hate that word. I hate being your friend, because I want to be so much more. I'm in love with you Ponyboy. Crazy, huh? Go back to all the other notes and read the first word of each.
Johnny

I sat on the ground for a while, stunned. Johnny really liked me. He really liked me! I went downstairs to find him, but he was gone.

"Where's Johnny at?" I asked Soda.

He shrugged and pulled me down on the couch to sit with him. "He left a little bit ago, but he didn't say where he was going."

I sighed. I'll just have to talk to him tomorrow.

Soda wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into him. "I missed you Soda."

"I missed you too Ponyboy," he kissed my forehead. "So much."