Diversion Or Danger?

"Dance with me." Zack commanded. "What?" I asked. "Dance with me. It'll be fun." Zack stated. "I can't dance." I replied, sighing. "I'll teach you." Zack replied. "You know how to dance?" I asked, amused. "My Mom made me take classes before she died." Zack explained, grabbing my hand gently and leading me into the middle of the living room. He took his phone out, started playing a cover of the song "Don't Take The Girl" by Tim McGraw, and set it on the TV stand. "Just follow my lead." Zack whispered in my ear. He place my arms around his neck, then gripped my waisted, as he swayed us back and forth. He pressed his forehead against mine, as we moved to the music, letting the lyrics fly melt away. "I love you, Eleanor Winters." Zack told me, looking into my eyes. "I love you too, Zack Chambers." I replied, smiling. As we were about to kiss, I turned my head, so he ended up kissing my cheek. "Tease." Zack laughed, as I turned to him, smiling. "Let's watch 'The Thinning'." I suggested, setting up YouTube Red on the TV, and starting the movie.

2 hours later:
      As the movie came to an end, Mom and Dad rush into the house. "What's going on?" I asked. "They got a lead on your brother." Dad replied quickly, as they grabbed their things and left, with Zack and I close behind them. The order was:

Dad in the drivers seat
Mom in the passengers seat
and Zack and I in the middle row

As a police officer guided us, every moment made us more anxious. When we arrived, the police were questioning an elderly couple. "What's going on here?" Dad asked one of the police officers. "One of the main suspects of your son's case was spotted by these two, dumping a body-bag into a dumpster." the officer replied, not caring to even glance at us. Dad and Mom exchanged worried looks. Soon, the officers left the scene, with us following them.

       They looked through many dumpsters, when they finally found a body-bag. As we peered into it, we saw....

.....glass bottles? What the heck?! "Why would they dump bottles into a dumpster, inside of a body-bag?" I though out loud. "They must've done it to create a diversion!" Zack replied, having a realization out loud. "Drop the weapons, or the girl gets it!" a womanly voice shouted, ripping me away from the police and my family, and pressing something cold against my shoulder, which was soon followed by the sound of weapons clattering on the concrete ground. I was honestly too scared to scared to move. "Let go of her!" I heard a voice that sounded exactly like Andrea's, but that's most likely not her. Suddenly, Andrea approached from the shadows, pointing a gun at the women who was pointing at me. "I can deal with a little girl like you." the women chuckled. "She's not alone." Caleb said as him and Justin came from opposite sides. When the woman was distracted by them, the police grabbed their guns. As she tightened her grip on me, I felt a sudden pain jolt through my arm, and someone picking me up, although I couldn't see who it was. My vision was already becoming blurry.

Zack's pov:
        "No, stay with me, baby girl. Keep your eyes open. I'm so sorry that I didn't protect you. I love you so much. I need you." I cried as she complained about feeling tired. Just as we put her into the car, an ambulance came and took her away. They wouldn't let us on the ambulance, but I had to make sure that my baby was safe, so I snuck on. "You're not aloud on here. Get out!" a medic ordered. "Please, I'm her boyfriend! I need to make sure she's ok!" I replied. Normally I would ignore them and stay on their until I was arrested, but there was something about Eleanor that brung out the old me. "Get. Out." the medic growled as Eleanor's heart rate decreased dramatically. Fearing for her, I got out and got into the car as we followed the ambulance, with 3 police cars following it as well.

          We waited in the waiting room for what seemed like hours. All of us. Mr. and Mrs. Winters, Andrea, Caleb, Justin, her Aunt Kira, Kira's band mates, and I. If you're wondering, I met them in the waiting room, after they heard about what happened. "Eleanor Winters!" a doctor called out, walking into the waiting room. He looked very confused when all of us stood up. "Immediate family only, please." the doctor said, checking his clipboard. As everyone else sat down, Eleanor's Mom and Dad talked to the doctor. I hope she's ok. I should've fought the woman who shot her.