Chapter Twenty-Six

Gerard P.O.V

The room seemed innocent, completely harmless when bathed in warm light. Mikey and I both pulled identical faces as we wandered inside, on the lookout for anything strange. Mikey closed the door behind us, my hands rested on my hips. I knew what I was looking for, but I knew that it wouldn't be that easy to find it. She was smarter than she cared to show- she wouldn't be allowed to visit once we got home.

"Well, I'll check the closet." Mikey said, I knelt down on the floor, peering underneath the bed. There were boxes, dozens of boxes. I rolled my eyes, using my arm as a shovel to haul some of them out. Sitting on the floor, crossing my legs, looking at one of the old boxes. It had a date on it, '10/31/81', in a black marker scrawl. I frowned, the date seemed familiar, so I decided to take the lid off.

The box was packed full of polaroids, all of them were somewhat old. Taking a handful, I laid them down on the floor. I could've sworn that the pictures were of a baby Frank, the smile on the little boy's face was familiar. Dumping the creepy polaroids back into the box, placing its lid back onto it, I pulled another one towards. This one was dateless, but looked even more worn. I tossed the lid aside, noticing a small scrap of paper resting in the centre of it. It had numbers on it, those numbers had no meaning to me unless they were coordinates for where the evil little witch had hidden my book. "Nothing in here." He said, spinning around on his heel.

"I have this." I said, looking down at the piece of paper. I wasn't sure whether or not it was helpful, or whether it could take me to where my book was- but I was hopeful. Never had the king of hell been hopeful before. The word and the feeling weren't usually in my vocabulary. I heard Mikey's footsteps as he wandered over to me, kneeling down, peering over my shoulder.

"Co-ordinates?" He asked, his voice getting higher at the end of his question. I nodded, he was right. Even though I hated to admit it, Mikey was almost as smart as me.

"Looks that way. Maybe it's like a treasure hunt, we can have some family bonding time." I said sarcastically, elbowing him playfully in the stomach. He made a noise, rolling his eyes, standing up. The room was silent, eerily so. Frowning, I stood up too, turning my attention to what had quieted him.

Then I saw it, a dark shadow in the corner of the room. Ever since we had been brought back here I hadn't seen anything that reminded me of home. I smiled, one of my little henchmen had managed to find me. My lips parted, as it began to hover towards me, it passed through me. My eyes rolled into the back of my head, as I felt my body become taken over by this black demon.
~>•<~
I knew that everything was just a dream- somebody back home was trying to gain my attention. Opening my eyes, I was standing in my dining room. My favourite servant, Damien, was waiting in the corner of the room- the way he always did when I had company. Frowning, I span around on the spot. The empty room filled as I turned, all of my sins seated at the table. I took my place as head of the table, completely confused as to why the entity had brought me back home.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked, angry and confused about the whole thing. Everybody became hesitant, like they were itching to tell me something, but were too scared to speak. "Speak!" I screamed, hitting my first hard against the table. They all jumped, looking at each other as if to beg the other to speak.

"Somebody stole your book from where you hid it. I know who, and I don't know why they chose to steal it. We think it happened years ago, but that's beside the point. I had sent my demon up as soon as you found that piece of paper, because that was where she hid it. For that little girl to find when she was eighteen years old." Paine said, trying his hardest not to stammer. I found myself getting angry, even though I hadn't quite caught on yet as to who she was.

"How the fuck did you all let this happen? Is it that hard to keep a track of one fucking book? I mean come on! We're stuck in that hell with that psychopath of a little girl dictating our every move. Are those co-ordinates right or will my brother and I be on a wild goose chase until the seven of you get your acts together?" I asked, lowering my fist against the table again. They had never seen me so angry, but I had every right to be angry. Their incompetence had led to Frankie and I being summoned back to the one place in existence that I hated with a deep passion. "Also, when you pull your heads out of your asses, find the bitch that gave that little Psycho my book. Then maybe one of you will be given the reward of taking them to purgatory." I said, standing up, throwing my chair against the table.

The demon that had brought me here in the first place glided over from its corner, taking me back to the land of the living.
~>•<~
"Gerard? Gerard are you alright?" I heard Mikey ask, as he slapped my cheek. I pulled a face, annoyed that he felt the need to slap me so hard.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm pissed because my sins are completely incompetent, and have caused the biggest fuckup of the millennia. We need to go to wherever these numbers say. My book is there." I said, pushing Mikey away from me. He nodded, digging his hands into his pockets.

"You know, you kind of worried me. I thought that you were really sick." He said quietly, looking down at the floor.

"It's not me you should worry about, it's my book. Come on, I'm hungry, you're hungry, your little mouse is probably hungry too- let's eat." I said, patting his back, kicking the creepy boxes underneath the bed, making sure that the room looked completely untouched.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- I Wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses

A.N
My first gcse is on Tuesday, and it's biology. I can't do biology to save my life, but as long as I pass my mum and I are completely content
:3

Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out <3