Chapter Twenty-Seven

Frank P.O.V

"Frankie?" The familiar face in front of me asked in awe. I grimaced, trying so hard to turn it into a convincing smile. Her hands shot up to cover her mouth in disbelief, laughing in shock. Her hair was longer, her eyes were tired, yet she was the same height. It was Anna.

"Hey Anna, it's nice to see you." I semi-lied, hoping that I could weasel my way out of a long-winded conversation with her. She removed her hands from her mouth, allowing her mouth room to speak.

"It's been eighteen years Frank. Where the hell have you been?" She asked, prodding me in the shoulder. I laughed hesitantly, trying to think of something other than Hell itself.

"I've been travelling. I met somebody whilst I was, and we kind of stayed together. I was caught up in my independence I guess." I shrugged, hoping that she wouldn't ask about Gerard, or ask to meet Gerard- or even mention Gerard at all.

"Well that's lovely. You haven't aged a day, you look just like you did when you disappear- left. It's nice to see you, it's good to know that you're okay. I've got to go now, my husband will be wondering where I've gone. Don't hesitate to come and visit us." She said, patting my shoulder, walking past me.

Pulling a face, shrugging a little, I continued on my way back home. I had to be quick, I didn't want Lucia catching up to me. I had had enough of her ridiculous antics, and I wanted to leave. My comfort levels in that house were depleting rapidly, and I wanted to leave as soon as possible. I was counting on Gerard finding something in her room, in fact I depended on him finding something in there. I would return to our house even if he hadn't, because something twisted was going on in my sister's head. It made me sad that she had ended up that way, I wished that she would've just listened to me the night that I left with Gerard. But, as most children are alike, she never listened. Sighing, I returned my hands to my pockets, picking up my pace. I hoped to catch Gerard just as he was leaving my parents' home. I would demand him to take me home.
~>•<~

I made a habit of checking behind me every few minutes or so. I didn't want to find that she was following me, I just hoped that she was doing something else. Reaching the end of the street, I grinned, as I saw Gerard sneaking out of the front door. He smiled when he saw me, holding out his arms to me. I almost ran across the road to him, throwing myself at him. He wrapped his arms around me, rocking me from side to side. It was nice to see him, to have him hold me.

"Please take me with you. I can't stay here Gerard, she's gone absolutely crazy." I begged, nuzzling my head into his stomach. He looked down with a frown, his mouth ajar.

"More crazy that usual?" He asked sarcastically, making me laugh. He chuckled, linking my arm, walking me back to the car. Mikey had walked ahead, kicking rocks into the road

"He's really like you." I said, watching Gerard's face curl into one of disgust. I began to laugh loudly, enjoying his hatred of the comment I had made.

"Baby, he's a half-breed. He couldn't be less like me even if he tried." He scoffed, as Mikey stopped in his track.

"I heard that, you dick." He called back to us, making me laugh even more. As much as they didn't care to admit, they were too much like each other. They may have not been the same species- demon, and a half-demon- but they were brothers. They had the same little habits, I could tell so.

Gerard forced Mikey to sit on the back seat, Mikey frowned like an annoyed toddler. He sat there with his arms folded, frown across his face, staring out of the window. Gerard's hand was on my thigh, occasionally squeezing it. He just liked to hold onto one of my limbs, it probably had some deeper meaning to him. Like it made him concentrate or something stupid like that. I smiled, my hand on top of his, stroking my thumb across the back of his hand. The drive home was shorter than I had imagined, and I had never been happier to see the old house that was our doorway home. There was a girl standing in the window, waving at us as Gerard pulled up in the driveway. I assumed that she was Mikey's girlfriend, she looked very adorable.

Mikey almost ran from the car, leaving Gerard and I alone together. He turned to me, staring into my eyes. He smiled, pulling a piece of paper from his pocket. Holding it out in front of him, it just showed a few numbers in a scrawl. "Wow, I love numbers." I said sarcastically, watching his face turn into a disappointed black stare. I laughed, he smiled.

"It's co-ordinates. Mikey and I think that they lead to where my book is. I want to find it as soon as possible, I hate being up here. It's crawling with vermin and I don't like breathing the same air as them." He said, giggling afterwards.

"Well, we might as well hurry. I'm sure Lucia will have taken a hint, and checked her room." I smiled, the both of getting out of the car. He held my hand, leading me up the steps.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Sweetie Little Jean by Cage The Elephant

A.N
Long time no update!! Bet you've missed me updating this story, right?? Well, I'd like you all to know that due to the fact I've finished my exams, I'll be free to update more often <3

I'm also working on a sequel to one of my older stories, because people seem to love it (:

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out ;)