Chapter 18

Y/n was walking to the kitchen.
'What have I done...' Y/n thought, regret feeling herself, thinking if Ayato is gonna mock her from now on, as if the nickname "big tits" wasn't enough, now telling every brother about showing herself like a slut. 'He was the one who entered without me knowing anyway!' Y/n pouted thinking. 'If my mom finds out about this, I'll sure get an earful.' Y/n fake-cried silently. She arrived in front of the kitchen, sighing while opening the door. She heard her stomach grumble and a sudden temptation to eat everything her eyes see took over her.
She went to the fridge, knowing that she was allowed by Reiji to eat whenever she wants, saying that "prey needs to stay healthy for her blood's quality". She searched through it, seeing different aliments that could help her fill her stomach, but none of them really catches her eyes. She did spot a few ingredients to cook her favourite meal. Yakisoba.

<*Yakisoba is a Japanese dish of fried noodles, vegetables and meat served with a thick sweetish sauce. It's my favorite dish and since I'm inspiring myself from my real life, I don't like using (f/f) [favourite food] but you are always free to imagine another dish.>

Her eyes widened at her awesome idea but she wasn't sure if she was allowed to cook without Reiji's approval. The best way was to actually go to Reiji and ask him if she can use the house's kitchen and cook.
She turned around to make her way to Reiji'a room when she bumped in someone's chest.
'Probably one of the brothers' She fought.
"What are you doing?" A male voice asked. Y/n looked up to see the person she was looking for. Reiji.
"Ah, Reiji! I was looking for you. You see, I'm hungry and I was wondering if you'll allow me to cook myself something. It's very easy so I promise not to destroy anything. You see, I'm not that bad at cooking and I promise I'll clean after I'm done! " y/n said smiling. Reiji looked at her with his plain face, almost looking like a glare and pushed his glasses up his nose.
"Fine. What do you want to make? I can help you since I don't have anything else to do and I have to marinate the meat for tomorrow's dinner. " Reiji said and y/n's eyes shined with happiness.
"You'll help me?!" Y/n said, grabbing his hand with both of her hands, looking in his eyes and smiling. Reiji moved his hand out of her grasp and took his gloves off.
"Yes. Now go and wash your hands before I regret my decision and make up my mind. " He said and went to wash his hands.
" Yes sir! " y/n said happily and went to wash her hands.
When she came back, she took all the ingredients she needed and placed them on the table placed in the kitchen.
" I'm making Yakisoba so I firs need to cut the onions and the cabbage. " y/n said, taking two kitchen knives out.
"Alright, I'll cut the cabbage. " Reiji said and took the cabbage and cut it in half.
" Make more if this. Double everything up, I feel like you're not the only one eating. " Reiji said smirking. Y/n giggled and went to take another cabbage and onions. She placed them on the table seeing that Reiji was already done with half of the cabbage.
"I'll heat the oil and cut the onions while it's heating." Y/n said taking some sunflower oil and olive oil, mixing them in the wok. Y/n went back to the table and peeled the onions skin off. She took a knife and cut a onion in half then cut it in small pieces. Her eyes started to feel the onions, and tears started to fall. Her nose got runnier and runnier by every cut.
"These onions have such a sad story that I'm touched by and I got very emotional. So much that I can't even see what I'm doing because of the tear- OUCH!" Y/n accidentally cut herself, making Reiji look up to see y/n with huge tears in her half lided e/c eyes and a cut on her pointer finger.
" Go was your hands. Now. " Reiji said, narrowing his eyes at the blood. Y/n didn't waste no time and she went straight to the closest bathroom to wash her hands and quickly bandage the wound. She was surprised that Reiji didn't lick it or something.
'Well, I guess he's into the formal drinking not jumping over me and sucking my blood out of nowhere like Ayato does. Or the taste of onions doesn't go well with blood. " y/n arrived to the bathroom and started washing her hands really good. She then searched for a bandaid and found one in a cabinet. She bandaged it and went back to the kitchen. She saw Reiji already putting the onions and gradually adding the cabbage into the wok, making a sizzled sound. The smell of stewed onions and cabbage filled the kitchen.
"Waaah.... Already smells this good. That's why I love Yakisoba. I can't wait to eat." Y/n said, cleaning the unwanted parts of the vegetables that were cut, off the table.
" We need soy sauce. It's in the fridge, on the left. " Reiji said while adding some salt and pepper.
" Right away! " y/n said and went to the fridge. She brought it to Reiji and poured some on the stewed vegetables.
About an hour went by and the food was done. The room was filled with a delicious smell, making y/n water.
Reiji placed the wok filled with food on the table and took 2 dishes out.
" Clean the table and after that we're eating. " Reiji said and went out of the kitchen. Y/n felt confused. Reiji eating together with her? ' I thought that he could barely stand my company. Maybe he's just hungry...' Y/n fought while cleaning the table, wiping it placed tissues and two glasses and filled them with water, arranging it for two persons. Reiji went back with some sort of a condiment placed in a small container. It's colour was a dark shade, looking more of a dark, dark green.
"What's that?" Y/n said while looking at the object Reiji was holding. He didn't say anything and sprinkled a medium amount of it on the dish. Y/n's eyes slightly widened.
"What are you doing? I hope this is not some sort of your weird potions that make you sleep for days but still feeling dizzy." Y/n said worriedly.
"Its just a condiment, idiot. If it were a drug, I wouldn't have sprinkled it on the whole food, just on your plate." Reiji said using a kitchen tool to put some food on his plate.
"How do drugs affect you? You're a vampire!" Y/n said, also putting some food on her plate.
"There are some strong drugs that also affect us but we act different than humans do." Reiji said grabbing his fork.
"Ah, I get it. Well, a good job we did, Reiji! I'll eat now. " y/n said and swirled some noodles with her fork and just as she was about to place it in her mouth, a male voice interrupted her.
"What's this nice smell?"

(The reason why only Reiji's in this chapter is because I want to develop friendships with the brothers but getting the stronger bond with Ayato. Since y/n is somewhat their soon-to-be stepsister, getting along with each other is going to help accepting the fact that two of them have a crush on their little sister.)