Chapter 20

Y/n started washing the dishes, since it wouldn't be the case to use the dishwasher for just 3 plates.
As she placed the last plate to dry, Reiji appeared from nowhere.
"Go to your room and prepare for school, we're leaving in 40 minutes. You're staying home if you're late." He said startling y/n but disappeared right after he finished talking. Y/n blinked a few times and wiped her hands on a kitchen towel. She went to her room to grab her uniform and dressed into it. After that, she brushed her hair and pinned it in a high ponytail. She applied some mascara on her eyelashes since it went well with her look today. Her eyes popped out and she looked really good. She grabbed her shoes and put them on and after she was done she looked at the clock seeing that there are 15 minutes left. She then took her books and notebooks and placed them in her school bag. After that she ran to the kitchen to grab a banana and a small snack to have something to eat at schoear, Looking at the clock again, she saw that there were only 5 minutes left so she went to meet with the others so they could leave for school.
"I'm here." Y/n said as she looked at Reiji who was the first there.
"Y/n-chan..." Kanato startled y/n by appearing behind her out of nowhere.
"Kyyah! Kanato-kun, you startled me!" Y/n said puting her hand on her mouth.
"Anyway, what is it?" Y/n asked Kanato, looking at him. Kanato hugged his teddy bear tighter, covering his mouth with the toy.
"You smell so nice and I haven't had any blood lately..." Kanato said and smirked at y/n in a creepy way. Y/n gulped and smiled in a nervous way.
"I-im sure some water will help you... I-i have to go to school now." Y/n said and took a few steps back. Kanato frowned.
"I don't care about where you have to go. I said I need YOUR BLOOD!" Kanato screamed the last words and snapped at y/n, grabbing her by her neck, making it difficult for her to breath.
"R-Reiji.... San...." Y/n cried for help. Reiji's eyes widened then frowned. He grabbed Kanato's hand which made him let go of her. Y/n fell on the floor gasping for air.
"Kanato. Please refrain from doing such things in the guest room. Or better said-" Reiji said with a glare towards Kanato who glared back.
"Please refrain from touching HER anywhere." Reiji spat at Kanato making him burn with anger but restraining himself since he knew that fighting with him would only lead to more trouble.
'Why is he even defending her? He's after her blood...' Kanato thought while looking at y/n coughing.
Y/n looked at Reiji who was fixing his white gloves on his hand.
"Thank you!" Y/n said to Reiji, but Reiji only turned and opened the door.
"The others are late, we'll go without them." Reiji said, going outside but was stopped by a voice.
"We're here." Subaru said looking at Reiji with a glare. Subaru, Ayato, Laito and Shu were all there, aware of what happened a few moments ago. Only Yui looked confused as usual. Y/n looked at each of the boys, then looked worriedly at Yui who looked at her the same.
"Then let's go." Reiji said and they all went into the limousine.

The ride was quiet and no one said a word. Y/n felt that she shouldn't talk because the atmosphere was already suffocating.
After they arrived, no one said a word as they went to their classroom. Y/n looked for Subaru but couldn't see him. He wasn't in the room and class was about to starts. She just went to her seat and sat down, thinking that maybe he's just late even if he went ahead of her. She placed her head on her knuckles waiting for anything to happen.
"Hey there, you." A feminine voice said, making y/n snap from her daydream. She turned her head at the side to look at the owner of the voice.
"Hello...?" Y/n said back, confused as to why this girl suddenly came to her.
She had long jet black hair and red eyes. Her eye shape was round yet sharp. Her body was very similar to hers. Her shapes were curvy and pleasant to look at. Her skin tone was bright but she looked sun kissed. Her cheeks had a natural blush and her eyelashes were long without mascara. The color in her eyes was bright and looked like fire. Y/n could really admit that she was very pretty. She couldn't see a knot in her hair. It looked like it was brushed just a few seconds ago. Her lips were a soft shade of reddish-brown. There was some gloss on them making them shine.
"I'm Vanessa." Vanessa said holding her hand for y/n to shake. Y/n grabbed her hand shaking it.
"I'm y/n. Nice to meet you." Y/n said.
"I know what you are. I know why you are here." Vanessa said, smirking at y/n. Y/n blinked in confusion.
"I see... You don't know yet." She chucked tightening her grasp on y/n's hand making her wince a little bit at the pain.
"What do you mean?" Y/n said glaring at her.
"You're not here only for blood. I was sent by someone, to stop you. You see... You are being used, by someone you trust so much. It's not like they're just using you, faking they're love for you. You were they're plan for a really... Really... Long time..." Vanessa said looking at her hand holding y/n's  and tightening it harder making y/n feel pain. Y/n quickly took her hand away, slapping Vanessa's hand away.
"What are you talking about!? You're making no sense!" Y/n said.
"Oh I am... Ops! This was all a secret! I shouldn't have told you anything! Ops, my bad. I guest there's no turning back now, is it?" Vanessa smirked.
"From now on..." Vanessa said as she went closer to y/n whispering in her ear, grabbing a strand of her hair.
"I AM YOUR ENEMY."