03 ▷ kings in nashville

Luke ▹

Luke

I glanced at Joel as our set for the night ended. Luckily, this was our last show for at least a month; time to spend with our families.

Joel looked back over at me, and nodded softly. He, as my older brother and one of my best friends, knew what was running through my mind at the current moment. And at that moment, it was my sister.

I sighed, clearing my throat and looking out to our audience. I smiled weakly.

"I'm sure many of you know about my twin sister, Esther, right?" I started, watching our crowd scream and bob their heads. I exhaled, talking again. "She didn't choose music, but instead chose something dear to her heart. Esther is a police officer, and today, while on the job, our sister was shot. Joel and I know nothing on her condition. However, we would greatly appreciate if you guys could pray for her and her recovery."

Joel nodded, "Yes. Thank you, and goodnight Seattle!"

I swallowed, bowing my head as we, the band, starting filing offstage. Joel had waited for me, laying his hand on my shoulder as we walked off together.

I knew God had a planned, but honestly, I was worried that I was losing my sister. And I couldn't lose her, not now or ever.

"We can't lose her." I whispered, looking down to Joel.

He smiled slightly, "We won't. He carries us on his shoulders and He hasn't let us down yet."

That very next morning, after landing in Nashville, Joel and I headed over to the hospital to see Esther

That very next morning, after landing in Nashville, Joel and I headed over to the hospital to see Esther. Luckily, my wife and boys had picked us up and were going with us.

Jude held my hand as we all walked through the hospital. Jude loved his aunt Est, and he always said that she was his hero. It was things like that that made my heart warm, my children and their love for others.