-Chapter 13-

JAKE STOP READING MY STUFF

-Yoongi POV-

I shifted a lot that night. Namjoon invited me to sleep with him and Jin but I'd refused, not wanting to leave the warmth Jimin created on the bed. His smell drifted in the air, clashing with the stench of death lingering in the cool night air.

Eventually, I got up and decided to walk back to my house. Careful not to disturb anyone, I closed the door lightly and picked up my abandoned bike. Biking home, my mind whirled with thoughts and guilt. A tug pulled at my stomach, bringing me somewhere else. Jimin's face flashed in my head, pale and desperate. I had to see him.

I veered my bike towards the hospital and peddled harder, my adrenaline pumping. The familiar building loomed over me evilly. This was where my mother died when I was young. Her beautiful face so similar to mine invaded my mind, making me lose balance. I rocked on the bike, until I had to eventually stop.

"Min Yoongi, you've grown so much! You're looking more and more like your mother through the days!"

"Don't be ridiculous, he could never fill her shoes! He's so damn useless!"

My eyes diverted from my father to the ground. His words scarred me like knives. I heard his friend laugh, and it echoed forever in my head. That little laugh never left me. Everyday reminding me more about how my dad hated me.

And how I could never bring my mom back from the dead.

Tears threatened to drip down my cheeks, but I sniffed and got back on the grey bike. It almost faded into the wet concrete my feet laid on. A little kid walked past me, laughing with a fresh bandage on his arm. In his arms was a little fluffy seal.

The tiny squished face reminded me of Jimin's. I had to be there for him. My recollections vanished like smoke in the misty night, as I ventured towards the infirmary. When I got in, the check-in lady politely asked, "Hello! Do you have an appointment?"

I shook my head and replied, "I'm here to see Park Ji-Min." She nodded and opened the door.

"3-1, down this hall to the right, first room." I bowed and hurried down the hall. Not bothering to knock - that had become a habit of mine - I rushed in the room. My little mochi lay there, his body barely moving apart from breathing.

He looked so weak and helpless, I wanted to hug him and tell him everything was going to be okay. But with all the needles and tubes surrounding him, I couldn't. Besides, he wouldn't even hear me.

Misery filled me like a storm. "Jimin.." I coughed. "I'm sorry.. I couldn't help you.. But.. You'll get through this.. You're the most brave person I know... And.." I sniffed. "I wish I was like you... " Tears now fell down my rough cheeks. "Because.. I would have never been able to do what you did for me.. I..I'm so sorry Jimin..That I wasn't able to do anything.."

I punched the wall and my forehead fell onto it. "I wasn't able to do anything! A..And now because of me.. You might die.. I took your life..Dad was right.. I'm so useless..I killed my best friend..

"And I can't bring him back.."

A soft voice tickled my ear. "Don't cry Suga.. I'm always here for you. Please don't worry. This is my destiny.. And you have one too.."

"Then why does it have to be so hard..?" I cried out.

"Suga.. My love.. Your path is not an easy one.. But you're strong enough to break through. Break the ice Suga. Break the ice."

I kept Jimin's words with me forever. I would break the ice. I'd make it sink into the deep black sea until it was no more. And I would do it for Jimin.

Forever for Jimin.