-Chapter 21-

JAKE STOP READING MY STUFF

-Jimin POV-

I coolly strutted down the hallways, banging lockers, nodding hello to people, wearing sunglasses. It felt so different. For once, people respected me. Or they were scared of me. Same thing, right?

Ripped jeans, varsity jacket, black shades, grey eyes, orange hair parted in the middle, converse, black tee, scars lining my arms. Not fluffy and cute looking, with the worst being a fierce gaze.

So unusual. But people change for two reasons. They either know enough to want to.

Or they've been hurt enough that they have to.

And Yoongi, my dude, you have hurt me so much. But I don't care. Right?

Walking to first period, I noticed a loud bang. It was like the day I finally talked to Suga. Although then I had ignored it, believing that I couldn't help whatever was going on. Mentally slapping myself again for remembering him, I observed the scene, and walked closer.

A puny kid was smashed against the wall by an older one. I studied the younger boy's features, gasping. It was Jinyoung. I took off to help him but then I paused suddenly. This wasn't "bad boy" or "gangster" style.

Guilt and fear filled me as I backed away, and my Taiwan buddy's agonized screams pierced the dismal air. I took a run for it, crashing into tons of people, including the school nurse on the way. "Move it, slow asses!" I yelled in their faces.

Reaching the roof, I panted, terror pulsing through me. I observed my scars. What was I becoming? Tears fell down my face, and I stared down at the bustling cars below. I pondered whether I wanted to fall off or not, going suicide.

Right when I had made up my mind and jumped onto the railing separating death and I, a firm arm grasped my shirt, holding me back. "Stop, let me die!" I screamed miserably.

"Shut up," he said back, pulling me back and I landed into him. His arms and chest caught me, as I looked up at him. Huang Zitao. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Leave me alone," I growled back. A sharp pain hit my cheek, then it dawned on me. He had slapped me.

"Are you trying to be a rebel or something?"

My cheeks heated in shame, and I looked downwards to hide them. My face was sharply turned up by Tao's hand, my sunglasses clattering on the hard pavement after the sudden movement. "Why?" Was all he asked.

"Shut up, I can't tell you," I muttered stubbornly. He glared at me, but something flashed in his eyes. Regret? For what? Looking down at his clothes, I spotted his dark eyebags and black outerwear. He must have not gotten any sleep.

But he seemed so calm. Which only meant one thing.

He's been through a lot.

And knowing that, I spilled everything. Yoongi, Jungkook, Hoseok, the sleepover. Tao nodded a few times, removing his hand from my chin. He was the only one who understood how I felt.

And that was how I was taken under Tao's wing. He was really protective and secretive about his past though. It annoyed me sometimes, but I understood. He would open up if he wanted to. But that wasn't now.

Over the months, he taught me how to act like him. In other words, I would forget about Yoongi soon. And that was fine with me.

I smirked at Tao, his eyes sparkled, and I knew he was happy too.

-Tao Memory-

Fire. Sirens.

They were here.

I trembled in the corner.

"Run Tao," my mother cried hoarsely.

But I stood there.

And cowered in the corner.

Shattered. Reflections.

They killed her. And him. And her.

Now my family and the only people I cared about was dead.

Steps advanced towards me.

The knife I held, trembling.

Pierced their bodies with a sickening thud.

Murderer.