Payment

It was Friday, and I got a call from Toby telling me that his wife had some medical problem, and I offered to take his shift. I went to the back of the store to grab my ice cream, and there was two. I smiled at Toby's attempt. Which made me think of Tyler. I didn't go to school, because Toby was gone all day, and now it was nine in the after noon. I grabbed the ice cream, and went to the break room to grab a spoon. A bell hitched through out the store meaning someone was here, so I headed to the register. Not seeing who was here. 

Opening the ice cream lid I took a bite, and smiled. My dad loved me, and he loved this ice cream. I knew why too. The mixture seemed gross, but in the end it was the best thing on earth. I grabbed my wallet, and put the cash from last week, and this week in the register. I wrapped it up in a rubber band first, and labeled it 'Toby'. "Usually the owner doesn't have to pay for their own stuff."

I paused closing the register. I didn't look up, instead I walked away. I headed towards the break room, and took a breather. "Why are you here," I knew he followed me. He always did. 

"This is the best place to get ice cream," he answered. I looked at him as if he was crazy. "You weren't at school?"

"Yeah some people have other things to deal with," he stepped closer. "Can you stop doing that Mr.-"

"Tyler," he stopped me. "Why weren't you at school?"

"Because I had to cover Toby," It was the truth, partially. I may have told Toby to go to the hospital, even though he told me he didn't want to miss work. I told him I pay him salary, and gave him a raise. Only so I could stay at home.

"Is that the whole truth," I nodded, and he stepped closer. "Open your eyes, and tell me the truth."

I looked up and spoke, "Partially." Wait...damn it.

Tyler smiled as if he won the Olympics, "Can I pay for my ice cream?"

I was about to exit the room, when he grabbed my wrist, and pulled me towards his body. He raised my head, and kissed me. Softly at first, until I gave in. I brushed his hair with my hand, and then he grabbed me, and lifted me onto the table. I kissed him harder as he did, and he kissed me harder. "Hm."

We stopped, and looked towards the entrance. My brother stood at the door. "Max!"

I hopped of the table, and Tyler looked away, "So little sis you finally let loose?"

Max came over to me, and placed his hand over my forehead as if he was taking my temp. "I go to live with mom, tell her you're single, and now you're with him?"

"We aren't together," I spoke.

"Really," Max asked. "So what should I tell mom? Oh, Journey's fine, but she's passionately making out with an older man. This should be where you tell him to run."

He patted me, and I grabbed his wrist and twisted Max's wrist. he went down in pain. "If you tell mom and Frank. I will personally kill you, and stop calling me little sis, I'm a minute and twenty seconds younger than you. Tyler you can leave if you'd like. Just pay at the counter, and I will give you the change back."

"I actually would like to watch this," Tyler stopped at the other side of the room. I rose my eyebrow. "He's your brother, I'm taking safety precautions."

I shook my head as Max spoke up. "I'm sorry jeez, you know the last thing I will put you through is our mom and Frank. Plus if he's like older than us then it doesn't matter, because I'm you know married to a thirty year old cop."

I twisted his hand more, and then let him go. "Yeah and how did that happen? Vegas again?"

"Shut up," Max commented. "That wasn't even a real wedding. You know Megan and I are madly in love. So what about you..Tyler. Who are you and what are you doing with my sister if your not together?"