Bilbo Baggins and Siren

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt. But want should I do with my plate?" Ori asks the hobbit.

"Here you go Ori give it to me" Fili states taking it before throwing it to Kili who caught it and threw it to Bifur. While Fili continued to throw plates to his brother Kili Gandalf pressed himself against the wall. Bifur by the sink caught each plate without looking before cleaning them

"Excuse me that's my mother's best china, it's over a hundred years old!" the hobbit shouts. Fili was showing off tossing plates or bowls before throwing them to Kili. Gandalf had to keep ducking his head or moving to the side. While the other dwarves at the table stooped their feet clanging their knives and forks together. "And can you not do that, you'll blunt them" the hobbit states.

"Oh do you hear that lads? He says we'll blunt the knives" Bofur states.

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks" Kili starts to sing.

"Smash the bottles and burn the corks" Fili joins in.

"Chip the glasses and crack the plates
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!" the rest join in.

"Cut the cloth, tread on the fat
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat
Pour the milk on the pantry floor
Splash the wine on every door!" everyone but Kili, Fili, Ori and Bifur sing.

"Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl
Pound them up with a thumping pole
When you're finished, if they are whole
Send them down the hall to roll" everyone but Kili, Bifur, Ori and Balin sin.

"That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!" all the dwarves finish. The hobbit Bilbo appears from the crowd of dwarves to see all his dishes piled neatly cleaned and not broken. While all the dwarves laugh merrily and Gandalf just gestures to them before going back to his pipe.

But before he could there was a knock at the door. "He's here" Gandalf states and Bilbo answers the door with Gandalf behind him. Thorin and Gandalf greet each other before going back to the dining room. Where Bombur places a bowl in front of him with a mug of ale and a bread roll.

Thorin told the company how no one else was coming as it is their quest and not others. "You're going on a quest?" Bilbo asks and everyone looks at him.

"Bilbo my dear fellow, let's have a little more light shall we" Gandalf suggests. Bilbo agrees and goes to get a lit candle as Gandalf takes out a map. Gandalf states to describe the mountain from the west and a solitary peek.

"The Lonely Mountain" Bilbo reads holding the light over the map. Gloin starts saying how it was to return to the mountain as ravens were returning. While Gandalf relights his pip and Bilbo places the candle holder next to the map. "Want beast?" Bilbo asks when he hears one of the dwarves mention it.

"That would be a reference to Smaug the Terrible" Bofur states. "Air borne fire breather, teeth like razors, claws like meat hooks. Extremely fond of precious metals" he describes.

"Yes I know want a dragon is" Bilbo states.

"Don't forget the siren" Ori states.

"Siren?" Bilbo asks confused.

"Just an old wives tale" Dwalin states.

"Aye but want a tale it is" Bofur states. "Shortly after Smaug took over Erebor he didn't leave the mountain for a month. But something pulled him away from it. A voice on the wind caught his attention. It said to be the voice of an angel singing and he left seeking the owner. No one knows want she is whether it be human, elf or dwarf. But Smaug found the owner and took her to the mountain. No one has seen her since, but they say you can hear her voice on the wind from the ruins of the city of Dale. They called her the Singing Princess" Bofur explains.

"I'm not afraid, I'm up for it" Ori announces to everyone present.

"Sit down" Dori tells him placing a hand on his shoulder.

"It'd be difficult enough with an army behind us. But we number only thirteen and not thirteen of the best, nor brightest" Balin states. The others start to all protest until but Fili states that they are all fighters. Kili then reminds them all that they have a wizard with them that must have killed hundreds of dragons before. Gandalf disagrees and Dori asks how many dragons he has killed.

They all started arguing again before Thorin stands up saying "enough. If we have read these signs no doubt others have as well" he tells everyone. "Rumors spread, the dragon Smaug hasn't been seen for sixty years" he states. "Do we sit back while others claim want is rightfully ours?" he asks them

"Or do we seize this chance to take back Erebor?" he asks and they all cheer.

"You forget the front gate is sealed" Balin reminds them. "There is no way into the mountain" he states as Thorin sits back down.

"That my dear Balin is not entirely true" Gandalf states. He reveals a key and hands it to Thorin before saying. "It was given to me by your father my friend for safe keeping. "It is yours now" he finishes and everyone looks at the key.

"If there is a key, there must be a door" Fili states.

"These runes speak of a hidden passage into the mountain which the key will open. Except dwarf doors are hidden when closed, the answer is somewhere on this map" Gandalf states. "I don't have the skill to find it, but there are others in Middle Earth who can" he tells them. "That task I have in mind requires a great deal of stealth and some courage" he adds.

"That's why we need a burglar" Ori states.

"A good one to, an expert I'd imagine" Bilbo states.

"And are you?" Gloin asks. Bilbo asks 'me?' pointing to himself and Oin states he says his an expert.  Bilbo then says he's no burglar and never stolen anything in his life. Balin agrees saying 'Bilbo is hardly burglar materiel'.  Dwalin then says 'aye the wold is no place for gentle folk, who can't defend themselves'.

"If I say Bilbo Baggins is a burglar, then a burglar he is" Gandalf tells them all in a strong voice. "Hobbits are remarkably light on their feet. In fact they can pass unseen by most if they choose and while the dragon knows the smell of dwarves. He has never seen or smelt a hobbit before" he explains in a calmer voice.

"You must trust me on this" he tells Thorin.

"Very well, we'll do it your way" Thorin states. "Give him the contract" he tells Balin who does as he is told. After reading through the contract Bilbo fainted then argued with Gandalf. He heads off to bed saying he wasn't going while the dwarves sang a less joyful song then the one before.

The next morning the dwarves left after cleaning up Bilbo's home they messed up. But left the contract behind encase he changed his mind. Which he did and followed them after signing the contract. Once he caught up Balin looked the contract over and said everything was in order. Kili and Fili helped Bilbo onto a pony before they all set off again.

A/N

Picture above of the hobbit Bilbo Baggins and video of the first song sung above.