Epilogue: 60 Years Later

Picture of Haldir: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/64/6b/b2/646bb27048598ccabd52cd2fd326fb19--tolkien-haldir.jpg

Erelil's POV

It has been sixty years since I had been reunited with my family. When we returned to Lothlorien there was a massive celebration that lasted a week. I danced with all the available bachelors as my parents wanted me to find a suitor. But I had my eyes on one elf ever since our return. So I focused on my queen training even though we'd be leaving for the Undying lands before I ever become queen. Mother and father still wanted me to train.

A few years later Haldir and I finally admitted our feelings for each other. We courted for two years before he proposed. Then took three years to plan the perfect wedding and honeymoon. They were both perfect and I have never felt so love as I did on our wedding night. We weren't graced with a child until many years later though.

Now I sit with my parents discussing the preparations for our unborn baby. I just starting to show and we were to leave for the undying lands in six months time. So hopefully I'll give birthday to the baby there. Dark times are ahead for all in middle Earth, Lord Elrond had called a meeting in Rivendell a couple of months ago when I was a little over two months pregnant. I would of gone, but it was to dangerous in my current state.

Haldir is currently on patrol keeping watch for the fellowship of the ring. Soon a guard appears to alert us of their arrival. We walk to the grand court yard where we heard of Gandalf's death. Aragorn and Legolas congratulated me on my pregnancy. The fellowship stay with us through the winter. The hobbits were sweet and always in a cheerful mood. Gimli was nice to me and reminds so much of his father Gloin. Boromir was quiet and bad tempered, but is an honorable noble man.

One day my mother called Haldir for a war meeting, without me. She sent him and some of our best soldiers to aid those in Helms Deep. I did not want him to go, but he did so anyway. Promising to return and go with me to the undying lands. I was due in about seven to ten weeks and we were going to set sail in three or four weeks.

One night I had a nightmare of Haldir's death and went into premature labour. Luckily Elrond was here to tell us of Arwen's decision to become mortal. He, mother and two nurses are with me in the private healing chamber. "You have to push Erelil" Elrond tells me as I hold my mother's hand.

"I cannot do this without Haldir" I tell them crying in pain of another contraction.

"You can, you have to Erelil" mother tells me. Elrond tells me to push again and I do so. An hour later and I all I want to do is sleep.

"I can see it's head, one more big push Erelil" Elrond tells me. "You two be ready" he tells the nurses as I give one last push. Shrill baby cries fill the chamber as mother pats my forehead.  The nurses bath and wrap my baby in a blanket before handing it to Elrond. "Erelil, I'd like to introduce you to your son" he states handing me the baby.

"He's perfect" I say holding him close smiling.

"What will you name him sweetheart?"  mother asks as the nurses leave and father enters the room.

"Haldir" I tell them proudly.

"Haldir would be very proud" father tells me. The two elves leave as mother shows me how to breast feed. After baby Haldir had his feed and was burped he fell asleep in my mother's arms. A couple of days later our soldiers returned reporting the deaths of other soldiers and Haldir himself. Also that Gandalf was alive and was now Gandalf the white. I was deeply sadden by this and mother said the power of her ring was weakening.

It was now to dangerous to leave Lothlorien so security was tripled. I raised Haldir with the help of my parents. We were over joyed when news of the rings destruction arrived. I went to Gondor to celebrate Aragorn's coronation. I also introduce my son to the remaining fellowship along with Elrond and his family.

Arwen and Aragorn married shortly after his coronation. But it came time for my family and people to leave Middle Earth. Gandalf, Bilbo and Frodo accompanied us. Legolas was staying behind with the last of our kin and would join us one day. It was amazing to be reunited with Tauriel who became Haldir's aunt. Haldir grew into a fine young elf and a great warrior like his father thanks to Tauriel's training.

The End

A/N

Picture above of Erelil and picture on the external link of baby Haldir.