What happened?

Beep....beep....beep
You woke up to a constant high pitch beeping. When you opened your eyes you saw you were in a hospital room, and you felt warmth on your hand and a weight near your leg. You turned your head and saw a boy's head laying on the hospital bed and he was holding your hand. You sat up trying to get a better look at the boy, and you immediately regretted it as you felt pain all over your body. The boy woke up to your groans and sat up, looking at you with wide eyes filled with relief.  "Chanhee?" You tilted your head, wondering what the two of you were doing there until you remembered, your eyes going wide. //FLASHBACK// Your "father" stumbled over to you, and started kicking you in the stomach. He kept on kicking you and insulting you, never once stopping, not even when you started coughing up blood. Your vision started going blurry, and it wasn't just from crying. Just as you started losing consciousness, the door slammed open and you saw a figure that looked like Chanhee.  "Ch-chanhee?" You managed to ask quietly right before you lost consciousness. "Y/n!"//FLASHBACK OVER// That's when you realized, Chanhee knew, he saw your foster father beat you up, he now knew your darkest secret. You quickly grabbed Chanhee's shoulders, ignoring the pain and looked him in the eyes, startling him. " You have to promise me won't tell anyone at school about this."  He looked a bit confused before nodding. "No, I need to hear you say it." He sighed before nodding, then said, "I promise". You were a little shocked at how deep his voice was, but you smiled slightly, saying thanks before slowly leaning back onto the bed. " How long have I been out?" You asked worriedly. "Almost two weeks..." He mumbled softly, not looking you in the eyes. "What does the school have to say about that?"  "All the school knows is that you were gravely injured and hospitalized from an incident at your house. The International Fostercare System on the other hand...knows everything." You scoffed. "Well of course they do. They've known about my situation since I was put with him. But how did you know that they knew?" Chanhee shifted in his seat, obviously a little uncomfortable. "The CEO actually came in here..." "What?!" You couldn't believe it. 'Why on earth would the CEO come here?' "Yeah...and he said that in order to keep you safe and not make anyone suspicious while doing so, you're legally still under the care of...him, but you'll be staying and living with me and my mom." 'Well that's a relief...wait...' "I'm gonna be living with you?" Chanhee nodded, and checked his phone after it buzzed. "That was my mom, she said to tell you when you wake up that you can leave. Do you want to leave now?" You nodded, and saw a fresh pair of clothes on a chair. "Here, let me help you up," after Chanhee said that he gently took hold of your hands, and slowly helped you up. It was a little painful, but it was bearable. When you stood up you stumbled a little bit, but Chanhee caught you, and steadied you. After a few moments you were good, and Chanhee left the room so you could change. After you slowly and painfully got dressed, you went out in the hall where Chanhee was waiting. As it turned out, you were already checked out, so you and Chanhee just left the building. You both went to a little café and had some bubble tea, his treat. After the bubble tea, you and Chanhee started walking quietly back to his house, walking side by side. It was still a little painful for you to walk, so you were quietly wincing/grimacing with every step, hoping Chanhee wouldn't notice. But he did. He saw how you were silently suffering , and he felt a pang in his heart, why weren't you asking for help? Finally, when you were climbing up a hill, he asked if you wanted to ride on his back. "Why though?" You asked. "Because I can tell it's painful for you to walk."  "....okay fine I'll ride on your back..." You muttered, reluctantly giving in. He smiled softly and pat your head before kneeling down so you could get on. You got on his back and held on tightly as he stood up and started walking. After a while you arrived at his house, and his mom opened the door, letting you two in. He set you gently onto the couch and his mom said "I'll treat you as if you were my own so don't be afraid to get comfortable." She smiled and went into the kitchen to make some lunch as it was 2pm[Hehe] , leaving you and Chanhee alone. " ....did you....get hurt?" You asked, looking at your hands. "What? What do you mean?"  "When you got to my place...did you get hurt?" "Oh uh..no not really. He was so drunk he went down with one punch." He said, scratching the back of his head. You sighed in relief. "Good, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt because of me..." He looked like he was about to say something, but Ms. Kang came in with some food. "I have fooood~" she said, twirling around with the tray. "Mom be careful or you'll fall" Chanhee said, getting up and going to her. She set the tray down and took hold of his hands and started spinning around with him. You watched in slight amusement and awe as they spun around. They stopped after a few moments, and they sat down. 'Who would've thought the quiet and "feared" Chanhee was actually kind and sweet?' Ms. Kang got up and picked up the tray, setting it on the coffee table in front of you and Chanhee, and on the tray were two bowls of cheesy ramen."Eat up," she said while sitting down and picking up a cup. "You've both been through a lot today." You both thanked her for the meal and started eating.