Dreams

Chapter One

I was running, kicking up leaves and looking behind me as I went. My heart thudded erratically in my chest as I saw the mansion up ahead. It seemed to loom over the trees themselves, a feeling of foreboding settled and ever so slowly my running ceased.

What was I running from? Somehow it seemed to be less scary than the place I knew.

Safety. Protection.

The unseen force was upon me and once again the world fell away leaving me standing in a white empty space.

The voices. They came back as usual. I knew I was dreaming then.

They were whispering and I tried but I couldn't distinguish between them, there were just too many.

Start over? I could start all over again?

I could see my parents, and the old Tam? I just had to accept- something...

The darkness was closing in again, I could see it in the distance, eating away at the pure white that surrounded me. It was so familiar yet it scared me like never before. It was picking up pace now, closing in on all sides until there was nothing left of the clean white slate, only darkness, sin, evil itself.

The voices were louder now, they were warning me.

Who do I believe?

I shook my head, clamping my hands over my ears trying to filter out the sounds. It was all too much.

Stop.

Please!

My head snapped up as I took in the large dark shadow before me. I knew I had seen it before, I just couldn't tell where since it had no features, just a rough shape.

Before I could open my mouth to speak it enveloped me and I was free falling into the fire.

The next thing I knew I was waking up to a poking at my cheek and I squinted at the small frame hovering over me on the bed.

"Mommy?"

This. This is real.

I pulled her to me quickly and buried my face in her sweet smelling rose red hair. The dreams have got to stop. This is real.

This is what I want.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I heard a light chuckle, like someone somewhere was just biding their time. Waiting for the right moment to invoke chaos and destruction.

I won't let that happen. No matter what.

Y/N will still be called Camilla in some parts of Shatter and Insatiable because I'm too lazy to change it cx

Slow start but things will get juicier as the story progresses.

Thank you JessicaCompton204 for your support and I hope you like it so far (also dedicated to you) :)

Hoefinity