Worry

Chapter Fourteen

It took less than a second for us to arrive back at the cabin and when we did Rose was still clinging to me tightly she must have been really worried about me.

I was  impressed that she had tracked me so well and was able to save me from a possibly dim fate. I didn't even want to think about how quickly the tables had turned in my life.

The back of her dress where her tendrils had ripped from was tattered and streaked with blood, CJ's blood.

His injuries weren't so bad so I suspect that he will be okay. The police had arrived and so even if he was in bad shape they would probably be able to help him quickly enough. Although he did see Rose and now it's possible that he figured everything I told him was a crock of shit.

Would he tell the police what he saw? I doubt they would believe him even if he did, I doubt he even believes himself.

I took Rose's small hand in mine and lifted her chin so she could look at me.

"I'm so proud of you, Sweetie," I said with a small smile, "you really saved Mommy's butt today. Whatever you want just name it and it's yours."

Her face instantly lit up as she clasped my hand in both hers, "you really mean it?"

"Of course, baby," I grinned, "but it will definitely have to wait until after you take a shower."

She giggled and nodded just as I heard someone enter the room. 

I turned to see Tam looking from me to Rose. She then crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the door frame.

"I take it your reunion didn't go so well?"

I didn't know what to say to that. She had warned me but I didn't listen. I didn't even know where to go from here.

I patted Rose's head gently before sending her to go pick out the clothes she wanted to wear after her bath. When she had left the room I'll let out a sigh and plopped onto the couch.

"Where's Micah?"

"He's asleep, and stop changing the subject. Did it go badly or not? By the way Rose just up and disappeared I'm guessing you were in a tight spot."

"He called the police." I said flatly. 

She let out a laugh I didn't like too much. It sounded a bit judgy. As if she hasn't made silly mistakes in the past.

"Well what did you think would happen when a known murderer shows up on someone's doorstep? Even if it's someone you used to bone."

"Can you save me the 'I told you so's?" I rolled my eyes, "I know it was a dumb idea. Somehow I always seem to make the stupidest decisions and I'm so upset because he didn't even show up to help me or anything. Ever since Zalgo restored my memories he's been avoiding me or something." I said he referring to Offenderman.

"Maybe he feels guilty for what he did?" Tam sat next to me, a smirk playing on her lips, "or maybe he's upset that you ran back to your ex."

"I didn't run back to my ex," I whined with a pout, "I just needed some closure is all. As for him feeling guilty, that's unheard of. It's most likely the second option, and if it is the case he has no right to be upset. He ripped us away from our lives in the first place."

"You're right, but you know what I think?" She asked.

"What?"

"You sitting here isn't going to solve any of lives greatest mysteries. I think you should confront him about erasing our memories. Speaking of which, I still don't remember anything and I would like my memories back ASAP."