CHANGE

Chapter Nineteen

Offender watched as the fifth woman for the evening ran off toward the lights of the city, her hair flying and he tsked turning to his brother who had stepped out from behind the tree where he was hiding.

"This is impossible."

"Oh come now brother," Splendor pleaded, "that wasn't so bad. She hardly screamed as long as the one before, and she didn't even faint like the first either."

Though Splendor was optimistic, Offenderman was wondering if it was better to just give up and move on from the girl he had seen. Nothing could guarantee that she would ever fall for him and even  if she somehow did she may not even love him as much as she did her current lover.

He sighed and removed his fedora.

"It won't work. Without my spell they only see me as a monster."

Splendor seemed deep in thought for a while before his head shot up as he snapped his long digits, "that's it then! To get close to a human you have to be a human!"

"What are you implying?" his brother eyed him suspiciously.

"I'm saying, if you look more human than maybe it would be easier for them to accept you."

Another sigh.

Offenderman knew it was a good point but he wondered if it was really worth going through all this trouble for one stupid human.

"What do you suggest I do then?"

"It should be fairly easy to take on a human form, right brother?" The prospects of appearing human were surely an exciting venture and Splendor was definitely not against it. He wondered if he too could make friends as a human.

"I suppose."

"And we can get new clothes for you too. That trench coat is hardly today's fashion, that's for sure," as he said this, the young Slender lifted his brother's coat tail and his eyes widened dramatically, "oh dear."

"You're starting to sound like Trender," Offender mused.

Splendor laughed at that and patted his brother on the back, "do you think we should ask for his assistance as well?"

"Absolutely not. Having you dictate my every move is annoying as is."

"Don't worry brother," Splendor grinned widely, "We will make progress soon enough."

Offender only huffed in response and the brothers continued their discussions, debating over which looks would be suitable for them.

Finally they settled on their final look, the younger Slender sporting his usual black top hat with colourful polka-dots and red trim balanced atop a mess of brown hair. His bright polka-dotted suit and even his red bowtie now seemed much too large for him as he had decreased his size to a mere 5 feet 11 inches. His blue eyes were a solid unnatural azure colour and they gleamed as he peered up at his brother who had also changed to a 'less intimidating' version of himself, although that was debatable.

"What do you think brother?" Splendor asked as he used a finger to push Offender's fedora back to reveal his iridescent purple eyes and the frown his brother sported.

"I think we look like complete idiots," the older Slender answered as he used a gloved hand to feel at his own pure white hair that felt so foreign to him.

"Oh I don't think so at all. I think we look splendid!" Splendor wanted to twirl and laugh, with how happy he was, but he didn't want his brother to change his mind so he decided against it. It had been a while since they had spent this much time in each other's company and he wanted it to last as long as possible.