Chapter 5

Sera's pov

I felt someone shaking me gently making me stir. "Hmh?" Fives chuckled at my state as I yawned, and rub my eyes. "Fives?" I felt him kissing my forehead. "Yup," said Fives. "Get up, you've been sleeping for hours," I sat up, and yawned softly. "I'm still tired," Fives chuckled again. "Do you want Matchstick to eat your ration?" I perked up, and got suited up.

After breakfast, Jesse thought it'll be a good idea if I learned how to use a blaster. "But I already know how to!" I protested, Jesse handed me a blaster. "I just want to see what you can do," said Jesse. "Now," He said, he trapped me making my back press against his chest. "This is the saf-," I cut him off. "Safety switch." Jesse shrugged. "Okay," said Jesse. "Once the safety is off, you can pull the trigger when you're ready." I sighed, and did what he instructed me to do.

I took down the cans that are lined up one by one without missing a beat. "Damn," said Jesse. "You got a good marksmanship," I lowered the blaster. "Of course I do," I said. "I'm a sniper remember?" Jesse slapped his forehead. "Right, stupid me," he muttered, I laughed lightly before hugging him, and giving him a kiss to the cheek. "You're not an idiot, Jesse," I said. "You're my brother," Jesse smiled. "Yes I am," he agreed. "Guess I'll have to report to Captain that you're good to go." I sighed. "Of course Rex was the one to ask you to do this." I muttered, and walked away

I walked back to the barracks, I sat down next to Fives with a huff. "What?" He asked. "Did Jesse do something?" I shook my head. "Rex did," Fives wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "What did he do?" He asked. "He asked Jesse to teach me how to shoot when I already do know how to," I said. "And I'm not happy," Fives planted a kiss to my forehead. "We'll talk to him," said Fives. "We love you." I curled up in his arms. "I know."

I found Boil. "Hey Boil," I greeted him. "Hey Sera," he greeted me back. "Boil, where's Waxer?" I asked. "I haven't seen him all day," Boil didn't answer. "You don't know?" I tilted my head to the side. "Know what?" I asked. "Boil, what happened to him?" I asked. "He's gone, Sera," my world crashed. "Gone?" I repeated. "Yeah," said Boil. "How?" I asked. "When Krell told us, 212th, that the Umbarians were using the 501st armor, the battle got intense," said Boil. "He didn't make it."

"Sera!"

Rex's pov

I walked into the infirmary, I found Kix checking Sera. "What happened?" I asked. "Sera fainted after hearing about Waxer's death," said Boil. "They were pretty close," Kix placed a cool cloth over Sera's forehead. "Is she alright, Kix?" Kix sighed. "She'll be alright," said Kix. "But it will take some time for her to take in the news of Waxer though." I gently brushed my knuckle against her cheek before leaving.

"Rex!" I looked up to see General Skywalker. "General," I saluted. "I heard about Sera," said General. "Is she alright?" I nodded. "She is, General," General sighed. "That's good," said General. "What caused her to pass out?" I bit my lip. "Waxer's death caused her to pass out," I answered. "He's from the 212th," said General. "He is," I agreed. "She, and him were close," General sighed. "First death of someone you love is difficult," said General. "I hope she gets better," I nodded. "I do too, General," I said. "I do too."

I heard footsteps. "Captain?" I turned to see Kix. "What is it, Kix?" I asked. "She's awake, and she wants to see you."

I walked into the infirmary, I found Sera with her knees pulled close to her chest with her chin resting on top. "Sera?" She looked up at me. "Hi, Rex," she quietly greeted, I sat besides her. "Are you-?" She shook her head as a no, I pulled her close to my side. "We die everyday," I murmured. "Everyday, more, and more of our brothers die. That's what we are, soldiers," Sera buried her face into my neck. "But I don't want to die nor do I want anymore of you to," I kissed her forehead softly. "Once the war is over, maybe, just maybe, we'll be free." Sera nodded. "Maybe." She agreed

Kix let her out, and I carried her to her bunk. "I'll let the General know that you're still recovering," I said. "Stay in bed, and rest," Sera wrapped her arms around my neck, and buried her face into my neck. "Come back alive, Rex," said Sera. "I don't want to be alone." I hugged back. "That's a promise I can't keep," I said. "But I'll certainly try."

I tucked Sera into bed when she fell asleep. I gently tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear before leaving.