Chapter 7

Sera's pov

                                                                                                                                                     Cody kept a protective arm wrapped around me as we walked into the 212th barracks. I heard laughter, and several of my brothers ruffled my hair, and told me 'welcome to the 212th barracks' I smiled. I feel so much better here. 

                                                                                                                                                        I sat in front of Cody, my back pressed against his chest with his arms wrapped around my waist. "So, Commander here tells us that you stormed out of the briefing room," said Boil. "Why did you?" I sighed. "Captain Rex refuses to let me go on a solo mission," I replied. "And I hate it," Cody pressed a soothing kiss to the top of my head. "He just wants to protect you," said Cody. "I would have done the same to be honest," I drove my elbow to his gut, and pouted with my arms crossed. "Aw come on, Sera, we're your older brothers," said Gearshift. "But I hate it!" I protested. "I want to be independent! I'll ask for help when I really need it!" Crys patted my head. "Like what Commander here said," said Crys. "You're our baby sister," I swatted his hand away, and pouted angrily. "Independence is what I want," I muttered, I crossed my arms while Cody tightened his grip around me. "We know," said Cody. "But you should have expected us to be protective over you." 

                                                                                                                                                        I watched my brothers mess around for a bit before curling up in Cody's lap, he rubbed soothing circles on my hip while the other held me close to him. "You're tired," I gently nuzzled my face into his neck as a response. "*chuckle* sleep, kiddo, if Rex comes looking for you, I'll explain." I yawned softly. "Okay." Cody kissed my forehead. 

Cody's pov

                                                                                                                                                       When Sera fell asleep, I tucked her into my bunk. I heard knocking on the door, and it slid open revealing Rex. "Figured she'd be here," said Rex eyeing Sera. "Well, she does spend a lot of time with us, Captain," said Boil. "Plus, you drove her out," Gearshift added. "Agreed," said Crys. "I hate ganging up on you, Captain, but it is true," I agreed. "Let Sera stay with us for a bit," Captain glanced at Sera. "Very well," said Rex. "Take good care of her." Boil saluted. "Yes, sir." And Rex is gone. 

                                          *time skip*

                                                                                                                                                      "So, what are we doing?" Asked Sera, she's sitting on top of a crate swinging her legs back, and forth. "I'm bored, Commander," I chuckled, and ruffled her hair. "Yeah, I feel ya," I agreed. "Trust me, I know that feeling," Sera jumped off the crate. "Do you think this war is worth fighting for?" Her question caught me off guard. "I do," I answered. "Why?" She shrugged. "Just curious," said Sera with another shrug. "What are you going to do after the war?" I stilled again. "Settle down maybe," I answered. "I haven't really thought about this before," Sera stayed quiet. "Why are you asking me this?" I asked. "Like I said before, Cody, I'm just curious," said Sera. "You should go talk to Rex," Sera stayed quiet. "He misses you, you know," again, silence. "I don't want to," was her response. "Sera, you ignoring him is killing him," Sera bit her lower lip. "Talk to him." Sera nodded. "Okay." 

Sera's pov

                                                                                                                                                I silently walked into the training arena where I found Rex supervising training between Fives, and Echo. "Rex?" He turned to see me. "Sera," I stood next to him. "Cody made me go to talk to you," Rex cracked a smile. "Did he now?" He said. "Yes," I said. "You two talk by yourself!" Fives called out, Rex shook his head, and gently took my elbow. 

                                                                                                                                                "I'm sorry I stormed out," I softly said, we're in his private quarters. "I should be the one apologizing," said Rex. "You're what, fifteen?" I shrugged. "I think I am," I said. "You look about fifteen," said Rex. "Anyways, I know you want to be independent, Sera, but you have to accept the fact that we don't want to let you go," I chewed on my lip. "What happens if I get older?" I asked. "Then we have no choice, but to let you go," said Rex. "But know this, Sera, you're our baby sister. We will always protect you." I hugged Rex. "I know, Rex," I said. "I know."