Chapter 4

Rex's pov

There was another ambush, more men were taken down, Ghost nearly lost her life because of a mine that was planted in the ground. "Captain!" I looked back, and rushed over to see Matchstick holding Ghost in his arms. "I think her wounds are infected," I felt her forehead only for it to be burning. "Kix! Get over here!" Kix rushed over, he carefully pulled Ghost's armor off. "Yeah, definitely infected," said Kix, he pulled out the necessary essentials. "Hold her down." Kix ordered, he slipped something between Ghost's teeth, and tied it back.

As Kix worked, it must have hurt for Ghost, she wouldn't stop screaming every time he cleaned a wound. Soon, it was all over, Kix undid whatever was keeping her from screaming off. He helped her sit up before trying to get her to take something. "Come on, Ghost," said Kix. "You need to take this," Ghost's eyes were hazy, and she looked away from it. "Ghost, please," Ghost glanced at it again, and reluctantly took it. "Good," said Kix. "She won't be able to walk by herself, either we carry her, or let a Bacta Tank take her," said Kix. "What do we do, sir?" Asked Kix. "Carry her," I ordered. "She'll have faster medical help with you than the Bacta Tank." Kix nodded, Matchstick offered to take her, Kix made sure she was secured on his back, and we continued on.

I was stopped by Krell. "What caused us to stop, Captain?" He asked. "An injury," I answered. "Ghost has a fever, and she had to be taken care of," Krell grew angry. "BECAUSE OF ONE STUPID TROOPER WE STOPPED?!" I glared at him. "She is not stupid," I defended. "She's an excellent trooper, we need her," Krell huffed. "If she is unable to make it, we are leaving her understand, Captain?" I grimaced. "Yes, sir." Krell crossed his arms. "Good," he said. "We will move on."

I fell back with Matchstick, I checked Ghost's fever again only for it to be hotter than before. "She's getting worse," I said. "We need to find cover for her," Matchstick nodded. "Agreed, sir," said Matchstick. "Question is, how do we convince General Krell to let her rest?" I didn't answer. "Sir?" Said Tup. "General wishes to see you." I nodded. "Thank you, Tup," I said. "Keep an eye on Ghost." Tup saluted. "Yes, sir!"

Krell had a plan, a bad one in fact, but it will mean we have an advantage. I sent Hardcase, and Jesse to do the mission. I ordered Kix to stay behind when we were ordered to attack distracting the Umbarians.

*time skip*

The base was captured, I walked over to where Kix was tending the wounded, and Ghost. "How is she?" Kix checked her fever again. "Still the same," said Kix. "I don't know when it will break," I sighed. "Take good care of her, Kix." Kix nodded. "I will, sir," he said. "Take care of yourself too, Captain." I walked out.

*time skip*

The extermination of Fives, and Jesse is in order now, Dogma was commanding it. "Ready," he began. "Fir-," I heard a weak voice. "Wait," we all looked to see Ghost using the walls as support, Fives tried to catch her when she tripped. "Easy there, kiddo, easy," said Fives. "They're not killing you, or Jesse," said Ghost. "You need to be resting," I said, I scooped her up. "No, they're not killing them," Ghost protested. "They're traitors!" Dogma protested. "Fire!" Ghost gasped, the blasters missed them. "What are you doing?!" Dogma snapped, nobody respond. "Fives?" All eyes went to Ghost. "Jesse? Can you help me back to Kix?" Dogma roughly grabbed Ghost from me. "I don't trust those traitors to carry you anywhere," Dogma growled, and carries her away. "Wait! Fives! Jesse!" Ghost called out. "Dogma!" He stopped when he heard my voice. "Let me carry her back." Dogma reluctantly handed her over to me. "Jesse, Fives." I kissed her forehead. "Nothing's going to happen to them," I assured her. "Nothing."