Chapter 9: rally the troops

Brody looks at me weird the whole time we walk. I finally had enough of his starring.

"What?"

I asked him as I turned to look at him. I had my arms crossed over my chest as I looked at him.

"You showered with kaden."

He says and I roll my eyes.

"So?"

I ask him and he scoffs.

"He could have marked you or mated you raven!"

He yells and I sigh.

"He didn't though."

I tell him as I show him my neck.

"I don't care."

Brody says and we continue our walk. He leads me out to the front of the pack house.

I see a group of teen guys gathered around one of there friends. I see raven with a smirk on her face.

"What did you do now?"

I ask her and she smiles at me.

"He was flirting with me. I told him to back off and he didnt. Now he has a broken nose."

She says and I laugh.

"Should I be proud or angry with you?"

I ask her and she smiles.

"Proud."

She says as she looks back at the guys.

"Well, well, well, look at what we have here."

A voice said. I looked over to see a tall man with black hair and blue eyes. He was lean with a little muscle. His eyes snapped towards Romen and her eyes snapped to his.

"Mate."

Romen whispered and I gasped. How?! Wait.... she was adopted! But how?!

"Mine!"

The man yelled in a strong voice. Rome was frozen as the man ran towards her. I stepped in front of rome to try and protect her.

The man shoved me aside as he got closer. I fell to the ground and a threatening growl was heard. I jumped up and onto my feet.

Everyone's eyes went to kaden as he stood in the doorway. He has no shirt on and is in black jeans. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"Mine."

Kaden says into my hair as he hugs me. I hug him back and adem tries to walk towards Rome. I growl and he stops.

"Please, let me go to him."

Rome pleads as kaden let's me go. I nod and she runs into his arms. Romes mate gladly hugs her back as she hides her face in his chest.

"Adem, do you know how old she is? She is only 14, shes not ready for her mate."

Kaden says and Rome and her mates eyes snap up to meet his. But imitatively after adems eyes snap back to romes.

"Do you think she is a godly child?"

adem asks as he tightens his hold on Romen.

"She was adopted and no one knew her true father or mother. We have done DNA tests but they all came up inconclusive."

I tell them and a scream comes from Romen. She falls to the ground clutching her head, only one thing can cause this.

"SHES SHIFTING! CLEAR THE AREA NOW! ONLY FAMILY!"