Chapter 36: Heartbreak Serenade

shout out to vanessa5836 for picking the title ;) and this is dedicated to you girly because I'm actually a bit proud of it...GUYS THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE #SAVEHENRY COMES IN!! And in two chapters, amanda_nicole62 you get your wish Pan and Elle see each other again! :) little spoiler for ya

COMMENT SO I CAN THANK PEOPLE AND LOVE THEM SPECIALLY AND DEDICATE! Pwease, I do love them so much:)

FELIX’S POV

Felix was killing himself. Pan had to be going to kill him soon, Felix was breaking the rules. Felix was still thinking about his sister, and keeping secret that she had come back a year ago. Well, with that logic, Pan would need to kill off the entirety of the Lost Boys. Or just make Felix the example. Felix thought maybe he was too important to Pan for him to do that, but Felix knew her absence, her death, hurt him enough that Pan was irrational at the best of times.

            She had to be dead now, as Pan was certain. They’d all thought she had left or died years ago, since Pan said she was gone and he was the ruler of Neverland. Then, she’d come to camp that day, stopped Felix from killing Colin, given them all hope, and then disappeared. Now, Felix was certain she really was dead. It hurt.

            Colin stalked past him on the forest path, bow in hand, hunting. Felix watched him disappear into the trees again, and kept walking himself. Footsteps silent, he listened to the boys’ faraway sounds of playing, supervising as always while Pan was away. He hoped the Truest Believer would show up soon, the island was dying and Pan was weakening. Maybe the Lost Boys couldn’t see it, but Felix could.

COLIN’S POV

It was one year, and Colin barely kept his pace normal as he walked out of camp, past Felix, and out of Lost Boy territory. Yes, it did occur to him that she may not even still be in Neverland, or alive, but he had to try. He had to try to see her, she promised him. He broke into a sprint right outside territory, not caring that he didn’t actually know where to go.

            He didn’t get far before he skidded to a stop. Elle appeared, standing right in front of him, a shaky smile on her lips and her ragged, pale dress draping her thin form. She looked no different than one year ago, but it still filled Colin with both sadness and happiness. She was alive, she was still here. None of the boys, not even Pan or Felix, knew this. Ice dripped down Colin’s spine at the thought of having to keep this secret, but he would do it for her any day.

            “Hi, Elle,” he grinned, panting slightly. He didn’t make a move to touch her, not quite sure what to do, in fact. He’d begun to believe what they all said, that she was gone, there had been nothing but a tony promise keeping him hopeful. Colin felt relief that his hope was right, fear that he went against Pan and fear that now he would have no more hope for her, and anger.

            She started walking to the side and he fell into step beside her, and it felt right. They didn’t say anything for a while, just wandered. He didn’t really know what to say, but he didn’t feel like he needed to say anything. Then he remembered he had something to break the silence with.

            “We have a present for you, we all made it,” he started, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the dagger. They had all really put effort into it, even curly and Slightly who hadn’t known her long enough. The blade was metal, clean and glinting, gotten from Neverland by Felix. Apparently, someone could wish for anything and the island would present it, but that was only if the person had enough magic and Felix was the only one besides Pan who did. Carved along the blade was her name in fancy, curling letters. Colin would never have suspected that, given so much time, Robert could make letters so lovely. The hilt was wrapped in leather, and a string of beads and feathers was wrapped and tied around it to decorate the handle.