Chapter 42: How the Mighty Fall

HI! Yes, super late, I know I know don't rip my shadow :p you all know why, so I'm not going to repeat my rant lol I'm just gonna give you the chapter!ONLY FOUR MORE AFTER THIS (that may change, I may shorten them, idk yet).

I have chapter 43 finished too, buuuuuut I am getting VERY heartbroken because vanessa5836 will not update her story, Second Star to the Right, fast enough for me :( it's one of my favorites! Also, I'm going through ANOTHER harry potter fangirl stage (I've ALWAYS loved them, especially the hot prankster twins, but I've never hugely fangirled/obsessed over it, idk why) sooo if you guys know any COMPLETE, GOOD fanfics (preferably with above-mentioned hot twins) I'm all ears (pun not intended, but I'll take credit anyway)<3

Oh, and I had a list of people to dedicate chapters to, but I lost it...I LOVE YOU ALL so if you have a favorite chapter (that is not already dedicated of course) comment it and it shall be yours!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE AND COMMENTS OMG YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I READ THEM ALL AND I LOVE THEM ALL HUGS AND KISSES AND HUGS AND KISSES XOXOXOXOXOXO Enjoy:)

ELLE’S POV

The grown-ups crouched behind the bushes, a breath from the magical boundary of the Lost Boys’ campsite. Elle wasn’t sure how much it mattered that they hide, Pan would have felt them enter his territory. But they hadn’t been caught, hadn’t even seen a hint of him, yet. She hadn’t felt any change other than the addition of the grown-ups. Still, Elle had been tugged down into the bushes by Emma’s fingers around her wrist.

            All of the boys were there, milling around the campsite, mere steps away. Elle saw them all, her whole family, all right in front of her. Daniel with part of his attention clearly on little Harry bouncing about, as always; Robert, his hands and cloths with recently dried blood and dirt from probably another messy hunting trip; Michael, whose fingers kept twining and making Elle curious for what was in them that he was obviously hiding; Curly and Slightly, side by side, playfully shoving each other. But their playing was off, it seemed harsher, there wasn’t as much joke as Elle remembered. Michael was hiding something in his hands, hiding it anxiously as his eyes kept darting about. Devin had always been a bit of a loner, but now he sat completely by himself, hunched, flipping a hunting knife between his hands. And Colin. Colin looked so sad and lost. It was wrong.

            “Can I at least use magic on these boys?” she heard Rumplestiltskin hiss. Elle’s fingers clenched, and she realized they were around the hilt of her hunting knife. She felt magic pool in her veins, it felt dull but she didn’t care. Pan’s magic couldn’t suppress hers and she would not let the imp hurt them.

            “No,” the man, Baelfire, growled. Elle felt her mouth twitch. Because they were once his too, or because they were children, Baelfire was protecting her brothers.

            “I’ll do it,” Regina sneered, flipping back her hair and squaring her shoulders. Elle moved towards her, ready to scream at her to stop, or scream at the boys to run, but Emma’s arm shot out across her chest and held her back. Another hand clapped over her mouth. Still, she felt the curse pour out of the woman and spread across the camp. It would kill, Elle could feel its darkness.

            Her own hands shot out and everything turned white for a second behind her eyes. Elle felt a jolt, a release, an anger, and then tired. Exhausted. She heard someone grunt, and another sigh, and she realized her eyes were closed. Opening them, Elle saw the campsite and her brothers all sprawled motionless on the ground.

            “They’re asleep,” Baelfire called. He was kneeling down to the closest boy, Harry. Elle heard more noise and probably words, but she wrenched herself from Emma’s hold and threw herself towards Baelfire. He stepped back, and Elle glared up at him as her arms deftly curled around the boy and pulled him onto her lap. It felt so good…her little Harry was here, he was real, she was holding him again. She heard the rest of the grown-ups run into and around the camp, but they quickly realized what she’d already guessed. Their child wasn’t here. Of course not. Pan wanted this boy, he would never make it so easy. And he hadn’t come, but he must have felt the curse, felt the power of the new magic flooding his home.