I Think This Dress Makes My Butt Look Big

"It's one night, Blake. You were pregnant with her for nine months, and have been with her for one and a half. You need a Mommy Night."

Sienna shifted on the edge of her bed anxiously, her eyes on Cassidy in my arms, a small smile playing on her blood red lips.

"Look, Si, you can go ahead. Cass needs me and-"

"And you need a break." She cut me off, pointing her finger at me accusingly, "Honey, you've been playing mind games with yourself for ages, you need a break."

I was about to respond when Cassidy broke into a loud scream, her cry echoing through our room. I stood up immediately, bouncing her slightly as I tried to sooth her.

"Please, Blake. I don't want to go alone. I mean, Robbie's meeting me there, but I want you to come and. . . and I'm rambling." She rubbed her temples as she tried to speak over my screaming daughter, "Come, love. For me."

I looked down at the small bundle of joy in my arms, her big brown eyes glistening as she started to calm, her small hand wrapping around my thumb. The way her lips parted, so much like Cam's that I couldn't help but smile weakly, made me want to hold her until she fell into a peaceful sleep. But I knew better. She had been sleeping all morning and would be hard to get back down.

"Blake?" Sienna tried again, setting a couple dresses on her bed and looking back and forth between them.

I sighed in defeat, brushing my hand against Cassidy's cheek as her mouth slowly came to a close. My smile stretched further across my face when she met my eyes, her own glistening with tears and curiosity.

"Two hours." I hesitantly agreed. "Two hours and I'm back here."

*

"I think this dress makes my butt look big." I grumbled, turning in the mirror to get a better view. Sienna choked out a quiet laugh behind me, still bouncing Cass on her lap.

"It looks great, Blake. Stop being so self-conscious."

"Sorry. I don't have experiences with these type of things. Cameron never took me out on a real date and the one I went on. . . it was a horrible night." I responded, pulling the bobby pins from my hair and letting my hair fall back around my face, barely brushing against my bare shoulders.

"It's fine." Sienna laughed, "It's just a club-"

"A club?" I whirled around the face her, "We're not even nineteen yet, Sienna. How-"

"As Robbie says," She paused and stood up with Cassie in her arms, "If we're old enough to go into foreign countries to fight, we're old enough to drink."

I frowned at the unexpected answer, but was disrupted from my thoughts by a gentle knock at the door.

I checked the clock, smiling when I realized Ray was right one time. How he had managed to do that, I wasn't sure, but I wasn't going to question it.

"Ra-" The words fell dead in my mouth when I was greeted by a face that didn't belong to Ray.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, feeling a wave of nausea rush through me.

You know why he's here, Blake. And it's your fault. You were a bitch and played head games with him.

"You can't expect me to be okay with what you did." He said, leaning against the door frame.

"What you did?" a confused echo came from behind me.

"Cameron, please don't do this right now." I started to close the door, but he stepped into the room before I could. I waited for Sienna to go off as she had threatened to do hundreds of times, or even to just question why he had allowed himself in. But she was only staring back and forth between us, looking like she had just been lied to.