70: Mikko x Bill

Mikko's POV

2 days passed. 2 days ng nakaburol si Nanay.

Nagpa-alam ako kay Alyx kanina to check on Bret and Nikole. Discharge nya today so hinatid ko sila pauwi.

And I am in awe of my wife. I love how she's taking all these. My responsibilities sa mag-ina. And pagkawala ni Nanay. I know she's in pain. But she's not someone that needs looking up to. She can stand on her own. She already accepts it.

I found her standing in Nanay caskets.

May iilang tao dito sa chapel,but I don't care. Lumapit ako sakanya ang hugged her from behind.

'M-mikko--'

'Kamusta?' I asked kissing her shoulders.

'Ok naman. Si Bret?'

'Better. Uhm baby, dumaan akong police station kanina. Pinaalam ko sa stepfather at kuya mo ang nangyari.'

She cringed and I felt her whole body stiffened. So I rub her arms to relax her.

'Sorry,ako na dapat gumagawa nyan. I just don't think kaya ko silang harapin.'

'It's ok. Sinabi ko na pwede silang humingi ng kahit ilang oras para makita si nanay sa huling pagkakataon pero ayaw nila--'

'Hindi na ako nagulat. They don't really care--'

'No baby. I saw in there eyes yung gulat at sakit. They hid it pero nakita ko yung lungkot. Siguro ayaw na lang din nila kasi ayaw nilang magkagulo pa.'

'Mabuti naman kung ganon.'

'Alyx,don't you think it's already time.'

'Hmm?'

'To forgive them?'

'What are you saying?' she laughs halfheartedly.

'They are sorry Alyx. Pinagsisisihan na din nila yung nanagyari. Bakit hindi mo sila subukang kausapin?'

'Ikaw? Napatawad mo na ba stepmom mo?'

'Yes! At sobrang sarap dito sa puso na wala kang hate sa ibang tao.'

'Ewan. Bahala na.' she stepping out of my embrace ng pigilan ko sya.

'Hmm? San punta? Dito ka lang.'

She looks down to Nanay without saying anything. And I continue to hug her until she lets out a deep breathe. And I know she made up her mind.

'Ok. After malibing ni Nanay,try ko.'

'Good.'

'Thank you for everything Mikko.'

'Everything and anything for you baby--'

'Eheem!' someone intentionally coughs from behind.

I am still holding Alyx on my arms when we turn.

Shit!

'OMG Billy!' and that fast. Just a blink of an eye. She was on other man's arm.

'OMG Alyx. Pwede silipin muna si Nanay?' She let him go. And he slightly nods at me as he steps towards Nanay's casket.