Nothing Left To Say (Parker)

Who knows how long
I've been awake now?
The shadows on my wall don't sleep
They keep calling me
Beckoning...
Who knows what's right?
The lines keep getting thinner
My age has never made me wise
But I keep pushing on and on and on and on

Peter laid there, wide awake next to Y/N. He looked out the window to see the darkness calling to him. But he promised her that he wouldn't leave tonight. The boy loved to go out at night and save people. He felt like it was his duty to. Although, he had to make his girlfriend happy. Peter looked to her, she was out cold. He realized that his choices were getting smaller, one or the other.

There's nothing left to say now... [2x]
I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now... [2x]
There's nothing left to say now... [2x]
I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now... [2x]

The next night Peter was fighting against Electro, his broken down body was in the hold of Electro. She had told him not to go out, having a bad feeling tonight. But he had ignored her plead, going out to save a person, but Electro disguised himself. It was the same trick Green Goblin pulled on him a while back.

Peter was starting to grow weak, not being able to handle it much more. He could feel his mind slipping in and out of consciousness. He new he should've listen to her, but he was just too stubborn.

Below my soul
I feel an engine
Collapsing as it sees the pain
If I could only shut it out
I've come too far
To see the end now
Even if my way is wrong
I keep pushing on and on and on and on

There's always something that keeps Peter going. Whether it's his uncle Ben, Y/N, or the thrive to save people. Peter's always going to find a way to get back up.

But right now, the pain is just unbearable. Electro then threw him across the room. Peter landed into a wall and fell to the ground, rocks following behind. He was soon to give up, but he heard Uncle Ben's voice ringing out to him, saying he needs to get up in fight. And that's what he did.

There's nothing left to say now... [2x]
I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now...[2x]
There's nothing left to say now... [2x]
I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now... [2x]

Y/N was worried sick, pacing back and forth in his room. She heard a noise and looked up to see Peter coming in through his window. Peter saw her and his eyes widened, "hey baby, what's wrong?" He asked as tears fell from her eyes. Y/N shook her head and backed up as he tried to comfort her.

"Peter, look at you." She said. "It's like you're asking for a death wish. Y-You're coming home every night beat up, more than usual lately." She started to break down.  "I don't think I can handle this anymore."

That's when Peter dropped his shirt as he was trying to change quickly. "W-What?" He said worried. "I can't stand the thought of losing you every night! What more do you want me to say? Peter I love you, honest to God I do! But I won't be able to deal with you coming home one night your injuries are so bad, you die!" Y/N knew she was being a bit selfish.

"Y/N please don't do this." Peter said going up to her. Y/N wiped her tears and just walked past him. "I'm sorry Peter. But I have nothing left to say to you." And she left.

I keep falling, I keep falling down...
Hey!
I keep falling, I keep falling down...
If you could only save me
I'm drowning in the waters of my soul

Every night Peter is seen out on the streets. He's angry at everything, wanting to hit everything. But one particular night, he fell, and hard. He just started to break down crying. Spider-Man was breaking down in the middle of the street at 2:57 AM. Peter went home and changed out of his suit, he just didn't feel like doing anything anymore.

In the morning, Aunt May heard him crying. She walked in immediately and went to him, "Peter what's wrong honey?" She asked hugging him close to her. Peter cried into her shoulder, he was surprised he could cry this much. "Y/N, she broke up with me. She didn't give me a reason why." He told her. Obviously the second part was a complete and utter, lie.

"Oh Peter I'm sorry....Y/N might just be going through her own stuff. Every day I saw her she would tell me how happy you guys are. Maybe you should give it time?" May suggested.

There's nothing left to say now... [2x]
I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now... [2x]
There's nothing left to say now... [2x]
I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now... [2x]

And he did, Peter gave it weeks.

Months.

A year.

Every time he tried to approach her, her words from the night stopped him.

I'm sorry Peter. But I have nothing left to say to you.

One night, Peter was in his room, his body was littered with bruises and cuts. He looked at his figure in the mirror, he looked at the ones where he self inflicted by throwing things and getting cuts on his hands. Peter fell back and landed against his bed. "I give up." He said. "I give up!!!" He shouted. Peter was glad that his Aunt May wasn't home.

And that's when the crimes were getting more frequent. That's when Spider-Man stopped going out. That's when Peter Parker stopped caring about anything.

Because she was his Rock and she couldn't save him.