Chapter 1

Ryland's Pov
I hit Shane with a pillow as hard as I can and all I hear is an grunt.
"Shane! Get up! Today is the day!" I scream loud jumping on the bed.
"5 more minutes.." He says while fake snoring.
I get up quickly and run to the bathroom getting a cold cup of water to pour all over him.
"I'm gonna count down" I say laughing.
Shane puts the blanket over his head and rolls over making me want to pour it faster.
3....
2...
1..
I pour the water on his head and watch as he struggles to get out off the covers.
"You're fucking evil" he says with a pissy face
I smile cutely.
I start to get ready and realize we have loads of time so I go and take Uno out for a bit while Shane does what he needs to do.

   Shane's Pov
I'm literally covered in water because Ryland decided it was a good idea to wake me up even though I have like 3 hours to get ready.
I get myself all dressed up and what I mean by that is one of my very shirts I find comfortable and a pair of jeans. I would go with shorts but I'm pretty sure my Casper legs would scare the kids off. -snorts-
I see Ryland with Uno in the backyard,
"Don't pee on the plants.. And I'm not talking to Uno" I chuckle.
"Hey that's rude it was only one time" Ryland says trying to keep a straight face.
I take Uno's leash and let him back inside. And I make sure there's food and water and such because we might not be back for a bit.
"Hey are you ready?" I hear Ryland ask.
"Of course, I've been waiting so long" I say taking his hand kissing it.
Ryland and I head to the car and start driving to our destination which is about an hour away.

                      Max's Pov
I feel my body being slammed against the wall. Oh god.. I think they broke something. All of a sudden I feel a fist fly against my jaw.
"Stop.. Guys stop!" I say with a soft but stern voice.
"'Maxie, if you wanna be a man you're gonna have to learn to put up with this and next time I'll do worse" Kyler says with disgust as his friend Jacob grabs my arm pinning it behind me.
In my defense I'm 5'6 and only 113lbs.. They've got unfair advantage against my slinkiness.
"You're gonna ruin my chances Kyler!" I say remembering that its adoption day
"You never had a chance Max .. Wait I mean Jessica!" He laughs "Nobody wants a teen especially a nothing like you! Nobody likes a shemale" he says with one last blow to my face.
I fall to the ground and hear as their footsteps slowly recede. I start to crawl to the door way trying to use it as support.
"Fuckkkk!" I scream.
I feel hands grab my arm helping me and I look up seeing my best friend Allison.
"They did this, didn't they" she says as she helps me down the hall.
"Yeah.." I look down "I can't even defend myself Ali" I say sadly.
Allison is my only friend here. She knows everything about me. Everything. For some reason when I came here I was an easy target.
"Max.." I hear her trying to get my attention.
"Sorry.." I say wincing as I feel her lift my shirt and touch my stomach.
"I'm gonna let you shower because it's about to start in a bit" she leaves me alone.
I take my shirt off and start unwrapping the bindings that keep my chest flat. I take the rest of my clothes off and turn the shower on. I lean against the wall as I feel my eyes start to let the tears I've been holding back out.
I don't understand why everyone hates me.. But maybe I do. Because I hate me too. I don't belong here.. It's killing me.
I feel the hot water sting against my scars and I just sit there thinking.
*Ringgggg*
I freeze realizing I'm gonna be late while everyone is lined up. I turn the water off and wrap my chest quickly as I put on a big shirt and some pants and slight brush my hair with my hands and I run down the steps to the first floor ignoring the agonizing pain all over my body.
I get there just in time but  Ms. K gives me that ugly stare she gives. I roll my eyes slightly as I see the parents file in and all of a sudden my eyes get big..is that Shane fucking Dawson?!?
I glance at Allison and she mouths "is this real?" And I chuckle.
I slowly walk over to her and go to the art room as the parents look at all the kids in different rooms.
"I'm pretty sure I'm imagining this" I say and I hear her laugh.
"He's your favorite youtuber isn't he" she asks.
"Of course!" I say
Allison and I have to do some classes online here and supposedly we are supervised but from time to time we sneak in a couple YouTube videos.
"So you're a fan" I hear a voice say from behind me.
I freeze and slowly turn toward the voice and my eyes go wide.
"Maybe just a little" I say awkwardly.
"I'm glad you're not crying like some fans do" he says looking at Ryland and making this weird gesture with his eyebrows.
"Oh.. What's your guys names?" Ryland asks.
"Mines Max.. And this is my friend Allison" I say and she give me a small nudge and whisper "I think you might have found a home" and she slowly slinks back as a family starts to talk to her.
"Oh well you know us but mines Ryland and this is Shane" he says laughing.
"Pleasure to meet you" I say
"Um we will be back" they say as they slowly get up to leave.
I let a sigh out. They probably don't want me.. I mean cmon max you're not much
"Him" I hear Shane say to Ms.K
"Oh.. Hm.. Not the best but I can't say no come with me for the papers" she says leading them to her office.
My eyes widen. Him? Who do they mean.
Suddenly my anxiety hits me and I starts to scratch my hand slightly . I hope it's me. But.. There's other kids..Max.. You're not what they want. You're not what anybody wants.
Suddenly they come out and they look at me.
"Max.. Would you like to see your new home" Shane says.
All of a sudden all eyes are on me. Allison comes and squeezed me and slips a note in my pocket "I knew this day would happen" she says and I wince because my body hurts from earlier. I see the hatred in the others eyes and all of a sudden the words come out "I'm ready..".
"Good they have your stuff ready.. Let's go" they both say together.
I walk out the front doors.
Here is where my new beginning starts.