Chapter 6

Brandon's Pov
It's art class and I'm super excited because Max is in the class with me. I feel like I'm coming off too strong and hopefully he doesn't think I'm weird or something.
Today we are working on shading. So far I think Max is better then I am.My shading looks horrible like I don't even how mine ended up the way it is. Max's shading is really good like it looks super realistic and I love it. He's really good.
I accidentally stare at him and he looks up and says "what?"
"Um I don't know sorry but you're really good at art" I say as I look at his picture.
"Thanks, I just draw a lot" he says as he looks at my picture and says "yours isn't so bad though" he smiles.
My face tightens as I smile "thanks"
*bell rings*
I see Max get up "see you at lunch" he says with a smile as he heads to his next class.
Jesus fxck he's so cute. That smile! Why is he always on my mind? He's just eisiskkcj so amazing.

Max's Pov
It's lunch time now. I start walking to the cafeteria and my stomach tenses.
You got this Max. It's just food.. It's.. Just.. Fo..foo.. Food.
I walk around until I find Brandon when a girl comes up to me.
"So you're Max? Is that your actual name? People are saying you're trans, are you?" She chuckles as I suddenly tense up.
"I.. I" I stutter.
"Do you not knowing how to fucking talk?" She says sneering.
Suddenly someone grabs my arm pulling me into them and I almost hit them till I realize it's Brandon.
"Hey Stacy leave Max alone" Brandon says sternly
"Whatever" she says rolling her eyes and walking off flipping us off.
"You know her?" I ask.
"Everyone knows her." He says as he looks down.
"Can you let me go now" I say as he suddenly lets go.
"Sorry" he says as he gets in line for lunch "cmon" he chuckles.
He..he stood up for me? I.. I've never had that happen before. Do I thank him? why is he so nice to me?
I step in line behind him as we wait for food. Today it's meatball subs. I've never had one to be honest but Brandon tells me they're probably the better lunches the school has.
We get our lunch and find a table together when all of a sudden another person sits next to us.
"Hey Brandon!" This girl says
"Oh hi Tess" he says then he sees the confusion in my eyes.
"Tess this is Max. He's new here." He says smiling at me.
"Oh hi" she says as she grabs a lunchbox out of her bag.
"Hi" I say as I open my juice drinking it.
Brandon and Tess start eating and I watch before I take a bite of the salad I grabbed with the sandwhich. I use my fork to move it around as I feel my stomach turn with every little bite I took.
I see Tess look up.
"How's the food" she asks both Brandon and I.
"It's really good" Brandon says.
"Yum" I say trying to hide the fact I don't want to eat.
Brandon stares at me and pick up my tray dumping it.
"Sorry I have to go do something" I say as I walk away quickly. I head to the art room because that's the only place that's safe at this school. I start to quicken my pace as I run quickly. The tears start falling and my chest tightens.
I hear someone's footsteps coming as I hide under the tables and I cover my mouth.
"Max?" I hear Brandon say.
"Leave me alone" I say sniffling.
I hear him walk towards me and I cover my face. I feel arms wrap around me which makes me cry even more.
"Shh it's okay" he says and I move slightly and hide my face.
" I'm here.. I'm not going anywhere" he says rocking back n forth with me in his lap.
I breathe in and the tears stop as I feel his body pressed up against mine. My heart beats a bit fast and I wipe my eyes.
What is this feeling? Oh god stop Max stops he doesn't like you that way stop.
I move away slowly and he looks up.
"Cmon I'll walk you home.. I'll make sure you're okay" he says.

Shane's Pov
It's Max's second day of school today, Ryland had to go to work and I decided to make some more collab videos while Max is at school. Today Drew is coming over and we're gonna take it back old school and try a What's in the can challenge. It's gonna be fun hopefully.
Drew arrives at like noon and we both head to Ralph's to get the canned goods. I'm picking the good ones and Drew is picking the 6 bad ones. We get all we need and head home.
But when we get home I hear a noise from the living room and it sounded too loud to be Uno or Cheeto.
"Stoppppo Brandon it's not funny" I hear a laugh.
Drew stares at me and goes "dude you've got visitors".
"Maxxxxxxxxx! That's not how the game works! You have to do as the instructions say" he says.
I walk into the living room and see games all over the floor as uno is sitting on the couch and cheeto is sitting in Brandon's lap.
"Why are you home so early" I ask.
They both look up surprised as Drew starts laughing.
"I had a bad day" I say
"Oh well I'll call them and tell them you got sick" I say as Drew smirks.
"Mind if we join" I ask
"Of course not" Brandon says.
So we play games while I video tape it for content.