Chapter Three (Special Surprise Inside!)

DEDICATED TO @VehynFyre BECAUSE SHE NOT ONLY UPDATED ON ONE OF HER GHOST HUNT FAN FICTIONS BUT SHE ALSO WROTE ANOTHER ONE ABOUT SLENDERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! X3 Gotta Love the Slendie 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Naru's POV

I was seated at my desk, playing solitaire on the computer when the door burst open to the office. I quickly minamize my game and pull out a file to a previous case. Then a knock sounds on the door. I don't look up from my folder.

"Come in." The door opens and the person I least expected walks into the room, dragging another person with them.

"Mai? What are you doing here your supposed to be at school! Do you want to get stupider?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. The girl she had dragged into the room with her bows her head slightly and my gaze is drawn to her. She had long black hair that was up in a silky ponytail. Her brown eyes were large, cunning and wise.

"I'm sorry Naru but my friend, Akane, has a ghost problem that's been going on for about three years and being the baka I know she didn't tell anybody till this morning." My eyebrow raises as I ponder why she would deal with a ghost for three years. At my encouragment she steps forward and then takes a seat at one of the two chairs in font of my desk.

"Explain." I state as Akane looks at Mai nervously.

"Well about three years ago strange things began to happen to me. It started out small. Mainly lights flickering and doors and cupboards slamming when I'm the only one there." She looks down at her black shirt and begins to fiddle with it.

"Then it escalated to screams and moving furniture. It would happen every night at midnight, screams sounding from right next to me. The furniture would just switch places or turn upside down or on its side." Her eyes close and I take notes of what sounds like a classic poltergiest.

"Recently though the spirit has begun to resort to violence. I would be strangled or find myself with hand shaped bruises on my stomach and legs. However for the past four months it's begun to claw at me." Well it's not a poltergiest, they aren't big on violence. She doesn't say anything for a while and I look up at the two girls in front of me.

"Why don't you show him the video." Mai says, nudging the black-haired girl. She nods and then takes out a phone, quickly swiping in the password and then handing it to Mai.

"I've got a total of three vidoes." She says in a whisper as Mai slides the phone across the desk to me. I watch as she gets beat and choked by something invisible until it stops leaving a perculiar phrase on the wall. I nod and then hand them the phone back. Mai takes said phone and asks the girl for the next video.

"Here." she states as she hands me the phone, Mai coming to stand behind me. I again watch as she is pinned and tore into. This seemed to be the same as the first video except the phrase wasn't written.

"Oh my god......" Mai whispers in horror.

"The next one is right after that one." I had already clicked on it. This was the worst one. She was pinned to her mattress as it tore the bottom of her shirt off and then began to carve words into her stomach. Then it flipped her bed and dragged her into the air, breaking her left arm. She was then thrown to the floor after and then it slapped her across her right cheek and left her in a bloody mess.

"How are you still moving?" Mai asks in a whisper. She just shrugs in response. I stand up and walk over to stand in front of her.

"Can you please show me the words carved in your abdomen?" I ask gently. She nods and shyly lifts up her shirt to reveal a sentence written in Latin. I run my fingers over the letters.

"You will die or suffer by my hands until your soul is devoured by God." She whispers and I nod and stand up. She lets her shirt fall back into place and then braces herself. Mai flings herself at Akane. She buries her face into her shoulder before starting to speak.

"Why didn't you tell me?! I could've helped you or let you-" Akane cuts her off while hugging her back.

"Think rationally Mai. The spirit could've hurt you or it could be connected to me." Mai glares up at the girl in her arms.

"You still lied and didn't tell me anything!!!" I roll my eyes at her and walk back over to my desk and leaning on it, watching the girls fight.

"Of course I lied! you didn't believe in ghosts or spirits until a couple weeks ago! What was I supposed to do!?" Akane shouts back at Mai.

"Naru I got the files you asked fo-" The sentence stops in his mouth as we all turn to face the guy who had just limped in. When he turns to face Akane she gasps.

"Lin?!" She asks as she stars at the guy that was hired to work for/protect me.

"Akane? What are you doing here?" I frown. How does he know or client? Mai jumps up and asks the question that's on my mind.

"Wait you two know each other!?" Mai exclaims as I come to stand next to her. The raven-haired girl looks at Lin angrily nodding her head. Interesting.

"He's my-" She begins before my assistant cuts her off.

"Old friend." He states smoothly, turning and giving Akane a look that says 'I dare you to say other wise'.

"Lin she came with a case for us." I say from behind Mai. Akane shoots me a glance and a small feeling of amusement hits me as I get the feeling she was thinking 'traitor' at me.

"Are you going to take it?" Mai asks as Lin walks over to me to look at the videos. I nod and Akane lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. How much will it cost?" She asks, reaching for her bag, which was still across her shoulders.

"Nothing. This is for a friend." I state as I read through previous files, looking for similar cases. A hand is placed softly on my shoulder.

"Thank you Naru..." She says, trailing off as she takes a step back and looks at Mai.

"Okay so since we need to start right away I'll go with Akane to set up a room for base." Mai says as they head for the door. My gaze flits to over to them and then back to Lin and the cases splayed on my desk.

"Right. Akane where exactly do you li-" She cuts my question off.

"I'm sure HE knows where I live still. Not like I moved or anything." Then they walk out, leaving me to stand up straight and cross my arms over my chest.

"Alright, spill. How so you know the client?" Lin sighs and then sits down in one of the chairs, rubbing his hands across his face.

"She's my adopted little sister. I left before she was four and didn't even come back when our parents died. I didn't claim my rights to her and so she was sent to live in an orphanage here in Japan. She would send me letters every month and I would return then once a year. However when I met you and your father I stopped contacting her. As you can see she hates me now."

"Huh..." I say as I lean against my desk and then look at him.

"Do you regret it?" He shakes his head.

"It has made her stronger, as you can see." I nod and then turn back to the files.

"Call Monk, John, Ayako and Masako. I have a feeling this isn't a normal case...

~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~

Okay!!!! So I know this is short but I just felt bad that I haven't updated in a while so I just had to give you TWO major surprises! You got to read Naru's POV and you found out how LIN knows AKANE! I feel so evil lol. At first I was like, should I make her an ex girlfriend? or maybe a daughter?! but then I was like, nah, to much Drama Bomb! Please tell me in the comments section below what you thought Akane was to Lin and then what you think about Naru's POV!!!

Love you all!!!!!

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN/FOLLOW!!!

~Akane <3