Chapter Eight-File 2 (Epilogue)

Help me....

Please!

Someone....

SAVE ME!!!!!!

Mai's POV

Akane hasn't stopped moving around since we left the room. Right now she was getting ready to watch a rewind of the monitors, Naru and Lin by her side. I walk over to see what's happening on the screen. Leaning on the back of Akane's chair, I set my chin on the top of her head.

"Are we starting on the video of their room?" Naru nods and then Lin hits play. We wait in silence for a couple seconds until the time on the screen reaches ten o'clock at night.

Rapping noises start, echoing through the night air as Orchid and Mary wake up, sitting and holding each other in an embrace before the smokey figure of a man appears. He looked like the picture on the board of Jason Greene!

"You betrayed me...." A raspy voice shrieks before it yanks Orchid into its arms and disappears with her as Mary falls onto her back, blood flying into the air. She sits there in silence for five seconds more before the door bursts open and Akane and Naru slide to a stop in the room.

"Stop the feed." Akane whispers. Lin glances at her but does as she says, stopping the picture just as video Akane falls to her knees. I hug her again.

"It has to be the basement." Everyone turns to look at Akane.

"What has to be the basement?" Monk asks.

"Where Jason Greene is keeping Orchid." Naru states as he stands up. He glances at the monitors before cursing and slamming a fist down on the desk. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, stares at Naru with wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"Na-Naru?" Ayako whispers, stunned.

"We didn't put cameras in the basement." Realization strikes me and Akane at the same time.

'Naru? It's not your fault.' I hear Akane whisper in the depths of my mind. I nod and then stand up.

"We all forgot about the cameras Naru, so we are all at fault here." He looks up and our eyes connect. My heart starts to beat a little faster as I remember dream Naru's smile and real Naru's intense gaze. I look away, my gaze falling onto Akane as my cheeks start to burn.

'Who's in love now?' She grins at me and I send her a glare.

'I am NOT in love.' My hands go to my hips.

'Of course not, that's why you were thinking of his smoldering stare and sweet smile.' She rolls her eyes and then grins before making kissy faces and batting her eyelashes.

"What are you two doing." We both freeze before turning to our left to see everyone staring at us with wide eyes and smiles.

"I was confusing my undying love for Mai, because I was unsure on whether or not I would live through this." Arms wrap around a my waist and then I'm swung around to where I'm facing her. My eyes widen as I look up at Akane, her lips inches from mine.

'Just go along with it I want to see how they react.' I blush, biting my lip before looking into her eyes. My eyes flutter closed and then I feel the soft skin of her lips on mine.

"GAH!" Masako.

"WHAT?!" Ayako.

"YAY!" John.

"....." Naru and Lin.

THUD!

We separate and turn to see what had happened. Ayako was beet red and clinging to Masako with a look of horror on her face, Monk had fainted, trails of blood falling down his face, John was sitting there smiling and Naru and Lin? They both were slightly blushing, like if you didn't look close enough you wouldn't be able to tell.

"I think that's the best reactions we've ever gotten from people." I state with a smile, stepping away from Akane and walking over to the passed out Monk, poking him with my toe.

"John why are you smiling, secretly a closet perv?" Akane jokes as she kneels next to Monk, her hand snapping out before striking across his face.

"Wah! That hurt!!" I roll my eyes at Monk before standing and facing the now blushing priest.

"N-no! It's just nice to see unrestrained love..." I glance at Akane before we both bust out laughing.

"We-we're not Lo-lovers!"

"It w-was just a-an act!!" Needless to say we now understand how Monk feels when Ayako breaks out the heavy-duty purse of hers.

*

*

*

"Alright remember, focus as much as you can on saving Orchid and disbanding the Spirit." I remind Akane as I settle into pace next to her. She rolls her eyes at me.

"I know silly." I giggle.

"I wonder if she's okay..." I hear a soft voice ring out. I glance behind me to see John walking with a worried expression. I grin and turn to my should-be twin.

'Jorchid? Or Orchn?' Akane shoots me a curious look.

'What?' I sigh.

'Ship names for John and Orchid.' I explain as we reach the basement door.

'I don't know, they both sound horrible.' She sends me a quick grin before her face grows serious.

"Be on your guard." We all nod before descending into the darkness.

3rd Person POV

The SPR gang swept into the room, flashlights roaming until one beam of light lands on a shivering figure in the corner.

"Orchid!" John and Mai run over to her, embracing her as her head snaps up. Lin, Akane and Naru were looking at something else entirely as their beans struck a shiny red liquid and the dead body of Sai Momochi.

"John!? What are you doing?! You have to go back!" Orchid's eyes are wild as they scan the room, her fingers clawing at his shirt. Mai whispers to her trying to calm her down as Ayako and Masako make their way over to the three.

"To late...." Everyone jumps as the flashlights go out and the male voice rings throughout the room.

"Akane!"

"Everything's fine Mai!"

"Jason Greene. Why did you murder your fiancée?" Naru's voice rings out through the black, echoing of the dank walls.

"She betrayed me....planned...my murder so she could run off with my best friend..." The voice hisses out.

"The child she carried...wasn't even mine..." Gasps sound throughout the room.

"So why are you hurting everyone else when it's Sai and Mary who are to blame?" Mai questions as her arms tighten around a now still Orchid.

"I....I don't know...my anger made me want to hurt any man that set foot in the house."

"You don't need to hurt anyone else, you've already extracted your revenge." Masako calls out from where she was clinging to Ayako, hoping to get the spirit to pass on.

"You're right...thank you..." And with that a bright golden light begins to shine, lighting up the room before quickly vanishing, leaving the flashlights to flicker on in its place.

Mai's POV

The case was declared finish and the police were called. Everything was caught on tape because Monk had carried a handheld video camera into the basement with the gang. Orchid ended up moving in with Akane and now worked for SPR as a researcher. Everyone was happy...

~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~

And that the end of File Two! Up next is going to be a case from the anime called The Doll House. Well after a treat case for all the votes and comments you guys have this book! Hope you enjoyed reading!

Vote!

Comment!

Fan/Follow!

~Akane