Chapter Nine-Special Case

Akane's POV

"Hey Naru can I ask for a favor?" He looks up from his desk and raises an eyebrow.

"What's the favor?" I grin.

"The police department has a case for us and I need you to take it." Silence takes over the room and I can't help but look around. Mai had frozen with a pot of tea in her hand, Ayako had looked up from her magazine with wide eyes, Monk was asleep so he didn't react, John and Masako hadn't arrived yet, Lin was in the other room working and Naru simply stared.

"Yeesh tough crowd huh?" Naru sighs and interlocks his fingers.

"Why do they require our help?" I sigh and sit on his desk.

"Well everytime a police office tried to go into the affected area they end up getting attacked. So far over twenty officers have been injured, fifteen of them hospitalized." Of course this causes gasps to be sounded from around the room. I grin and then lean forward.

"So what do ya say? You going to take the case?" He sighs and then nods. I squeal and leap off the desk fist pumping!

"Yes!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!" I run around the desk and wrap the stoic boy in a hug. Quickly pulling away I turn to everyone else, who for some reason were staring wide-eyed.

"Alright guys! Pack for a field trip we're going to the Water Park!"

*

*

*

"This is going to be so fun!" Mai exclaims from the backseat of the van. I laugh and nod along with her.

"Of course it is! We just have to watch out for rampaging ghosts that will be out to severely harm us!" I shout back with a smile. She grins back at me and then her eyes grow wide as they focas on something behind my turned head. I turn around and then cheer.

"We're here!" Lin sighs and then pulls in, parking the car seconds before I leap out and towards the back of the van. Naru slowly makes his way over as well, a pout on his face.

"What's wrong don't you like your disguise?" Yep, you read correctly! I was wearing a pretty two piece swimsuit that was black and had frills hanging down. Mai was in a yellow bikini with an orange design on the right breast and both Naru and Lin were in black and blue swim trunks! It took forever to convince them to wear them too!

"I don't see the reason why I have to wear this." I chuckle.

"Silly Naru! If you don't you'll stick out and the ghost will attack you! If it makes you feel any better I had to tie Mai down to put hers on." I point at a now blushing Mai and grin sadistically.

"Now stop complaining! We have to split up and see if we can spot the ghost. Mai and Lin are going together and you and I are going together. Then in about two hours we 'run into' each other at a water slide and then well switch." I explain, pointing to the map in front of me before glancing at everyone's faces. Naru and Lin both had a bored expression on their faces and Mai was biting her lip, glancing at Lin, obviously nervous that something was going to happen.

"Okay now head out!"

*

*

*

I grin as the line moves forward and there's only one person between us and the slide. Naru and I were going on this one slide that was nothing but complete darkness. It twisted and turned and then went into a large funnel before coming out into an opening. I turn to the black haired boy next to me and grin, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Aren't you excited?!" He sighs and then roll his eyes giving me a small fake smile.

"Of course I'm excited." I giggle at his deadpan voice. Then it's our turn. I drag Naru up to the tube, the float we were going to be using still gripped in his hands.

"Two?" I nod and Naru lays the float down. I hop in the front, my butt falling into the hole and my feet dangling over the edge. I hold the float still and Naru slips on behind me, his legs going on either side of me.

"Ready?" I nod and the helper person pushes us into the dark tunnel.

(~)~(~)

"I wonder how Naru and Akane are doing." Mai thinks aloud as her and Lin sit down at a table to eat the food they had just received. Lin shrugs and takes a bite of his corn dog, silently thinking to himself.

'Naru better not try anything on her.'

~(~)~

"Man this sucks! I wanted to go!" Monk whines as he lays his head down on his arms, a pout on his face. Ayako scoffs and slaps the back of his head, crossing her arms as she stares off to the right.

"You just wanted to see Mai and Akane in their swim suits you dirty old man!" John and Masako ignore the two screaming adults and watch the screens, searching for any paranormal sign.

(~)~(~)

"WOOHOO!!" I shout with joy as we head into the funnel. I turn my head to look at Naru and bust out laughing when I see his face. He was pale white, his eyes wide and his mouth open in a silent scream, his knuckles white from where he was gripping the handles tightly. I laugh and turn back around as we finish our three laps around the funnel and then head towards the exit.

*

*

*

Naru and I had just finished eating when we 'stumbled' across Mai and Lin. We were all walking towards a four person ride when Mai asked what all happened. Naru shot me a look that very clearly stated "say-anything-and-I'll-kill-you" and I just ended up shrugging.

"Stiff guy over there refused to go on any of the rides. How about you and Lin?" She shrugs as well.

"Nothing. Hopefully this ride will be exciting enough to make up for this." I grin and now, pointing to the huge water slide.

"Oh it should be..." Mai laughs and I grab Naru's arm as she does the same with Lin.

"We're going on that one." We say in sync, pointing to the slide. The guys exchange glances before sighing and nodding.

"Fine."

*

*

*

"Never again."

"Agreed."

"Agreed!"

"Hn."

Monk shot us a look and we all looked away.

"What exactly happened?" I blush, my arms crossing over my chest.

"When Akane went down this one slide, her bathsuit top came off right in front of Naru! He ended up having to hug her to his chest as Lin and I searched for it!" Mai laughed out. I growled in her direction as Naru's cheeks got a little rosy.

"Mai!"

"Hey did you guys ever find the ghost?" Mai ignored mine and Naru's yell. Ayako shook her head.

"There were no spirits here."

~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~___~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~

Hey! So this is not a real chapter! This was just a special because this book is almost at 1000 reads!!!! XD Also because ino longer have internet at home....

~Akane