Chapter 6

The next morning, the sun has been covered by dull, thick clouds. Temperatures have dropped drastically, resulting in me leaving my house in three layers of shirts and sweats. It's Saturday, my favorite day of the week. The only day where I can relax and not worry about anything else.

  Despite the weather, kid from my school are walking down the sidewalks on both sides of the street, chatting about who knows what. Every now and then, some of my fellow classmates will steal glances at me, then turn and whisper a side comment to their friends. I simply hug my body tightly and hurry past them. 

  When I reach the bakery, I sigh in relief. The sweet smell of freshly made chocolate chip muffins and banana nut bread nearly makes my mouth water. Not to mention the warm air from the hearters planted around the small shop that instantly warms me up. 

  Mandy, who works part time on the weekends, turns to me and smiles. "Morning, Bella. What's up?" I walk to the front counter and lean against the glass display. 

  "Jacob begged me to get him some docuts, since mom and dad are at work." If my parents were home, they'd never let me out of the house alone. They're so worried I'll get hit by a car or something because I can't hear anything. 

  "What kind?" I take a step back and gaze over the varieties of donuts. Right when I decide what kind I want, two boys step into the shop. I turn, only to see Gabe and Dalton standing in front of me. Dalton is texting away on his phone, and Gabe is looking around thoughtfully. I look back at Mandy and smirk while she twirls a strand of her hair along her finger. 

  "Hey guys," I say, turning back to the two. Dalton looks up at me and his lips twitch into a small smile. He suddenly looks nervous as his eyes drift to Gabe, who is shooting him a pointed look. Mandy and I watch in confusion until Dalton slides his phone back into his pocket and takes a deep breath. 

  Silently, Dalton's hands move slowly, like he's trying to remember the steps of sign language. He waves, then presses his hand across his heart. I stare at him in awe as he goes through the steps. When he's done, he looks at me nervously, as if expecting me to tell him he messed up. 

  "That was wonderful," I state, still shocked. Dalton sighs in relief. Unlike Gabe, he hadn't messed up once. He must've gotten help. 

  Speaking of Gabe, he's standing by Dalton's side, smirking proudly. So, my suspicions are correct. I smile. "You taught him?" I ask. His eyes drift over to me. 

  Gabe shrugs. "He asked, along with the other three." 

  I blink in surprise. "Why?" I couldn't stop myself from asking. Why would the other four want to learn sign language? In fact, why did Gabe learn how to introduce himself in the first place? 

  Gabe's smirk turns into a smile. His bright, white teeth instantly makes my heart melt. However, his next set of words makes my mouth fall open in shock. 

  "Because of you." 

~*~*~*~*~

  So… This was really short and I am so so so so sorry… But I feel like it's been ages since I last updated… Even though it hasn't!

LISTEN UP! I understand Dalton is no longer in IM5, but he will remain in my stories. They don't revolve around him and another girl, since neither of the stories are Dalton fanfics, so therefore he won't be in them as much. But he will still be there, so if you are still in the 'Thinking about Dalton makes me cry' stage, then, I'm sorry. I was like that up until yesterday tbh. 

But yeah. I'll try and update later with a longer chapter for both stories! Thanks for reading! :D