Hot Head part 3 | Montgomery De la Cruz

[ This will be the last part guyss ]

Your phone had been ringing over the music for a while now. Eventually, you gave in and picked it up, staring blankly at the name of the caller ID. It read Hannah. Hannah Baker.

"It's just Hannah I guess" you assured yourself as you swiped your finger across the screen to accept the call. You lay on your back and played with the pendant on your necklace, waiting for her to talk.

"I'm coming over" is what she said

You sat upright and put the phone on loudspeaker. You unhooked the necklace from around your neck, realising that it was a birthday gift from Monty.

"No offence, but, I don't want to see anyone right now" you told her, swinging the silver necklace carelessly around your finger.

"I wasn't asking your permission" she casually argued "I'm about 10 minutes away"

You rubbed just above your eyebrows "..Just turn around and go home Hannah"

"Urr-are you forgetting that you stood me up at Monets. You owe me some quality time" Hannah persisted

Your finger hovered over the red 'end call' button.

"I'm just- I'm not good company right now" you sighed

Hannah snarls "When we're you ever good company?"

You bite down on your tongue inside of your mouth to stop yourself from smiling.

"At least I made you smile" she said, sounding way too pleased with herself.

"Fine but I'm not talking about him"

"Agreed. See you in 10" Hannah managed to say before you ended the call.

You hadn't gone to school in a while. You we're avoiding the endless 'I'm fine' convocations you would have to endure and we're hoping the situation would blow over.

"Y/N!" Your mum called from downstairs.

You sighed and moved off the bed, carrying yourself down the stairs one step at a time.

You reached the middle of the stairs, interrupting a convocation your mother was having with your boyfriend, Montgomery.

You swallowed a knot in your throat, one you didn't realise you had until that moment. They both looked up at you.

"This handsome boy came to check on you y/n" your mum informed you, not looking away from Monty "Said you had been ignoring his calls"

"Phones broken" you explained, bluntly

Montgomery gave you a look. He wasn't buying your bullshit at all "I was worried sick"

"Aw, Your so sweet" Your mother awed causing Monty to smile sweetly at her. Your skin tightened as a thick cloud of jealousy hovered over you. He was being so nice to your mother, it was a reminder that Monty could actually be kind and respectful to women. At first.

"What are you doing here?" You ask, just loud enough for either of them to hear.

"She means 'come in, make yourself at home' " your mum chimed, prompting him to move further into the house as your mother closed the door behind them.