Not this season

The morning after the attack had a buzz of fear and worry, many wondering if they would be attacked again. Others, mostly the alphas, were frustrated about the prospect of rogues invading their territory. The whole pack was wondering what their alpha leader would say to them. Those who fought were concerned about courting that was supposed to begin that very morning. There were endless murmurs as they crowded around the square, waiting for their leader to calm their worries. Jungkook returned at the crack of dawn with the group he had taken and reported no other rogues were lurking around in their territory. The tragic threat that presented itself last night was handled well and now all they wanted to know was what would happen next.

The moment the pack alphas door opened they quieted and turned their heads. Namjoon walked out of his home with Jin by his side. Jin still had a subtle limp in his walk and it was the result of trying to protect Jimin. The alpha leader stood tall as he stopped in front of the pack members.

"We were able to defend our home last night from the rogues, and I want to thank the brave alphas who fought with their lives last night" he began and looks around at the expectant faces, "However it seems we have some disappointing news after discussing with the elders."

"Is it about the courting ritual?" Someone asks from the crowd.

"Yes, we have decided to cancel this season's courting. We will be focusing on making sure no other attacks happen and that our pack maintains safety for the time being. We need to be on our toes in case more rogues try to attack. If all goes well by the end of winter, then we will have our courting that season of spring."

The alphas felt restless about the situation but knew the consequences of leaving the pack alone while out on their tests. They had to suck it up and agree on the decision hoping the spring season would be safer for them.

"I understand some of you have already planned on mating after establishing your feelings and decisions. These couples are welcomed to come speak to me and the elders. For now we will continue to keep our pack safe until any threats are gone. I hope I can trust all of you to respect this decision." Namjoon finishes with a curt nod before focusing his attention on his mate and helping him back inside.

After the announcement the pack members left and began cleaning up from the night before. Jungkook was in the process of picking up a few logs of wood with a few other alphas when he caught sight of Jimin. He let the log drop with a thud and ran over to him, leaving the others behind.

"Jimin!" he called out as he caught up to him.

"Jungkook."

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asks as he runs his eyes over the entirety of Jimin's form, making sure not a single spot of his body was hurt.

"Better, um thank you. For saving me again last night."

"No problem, I wasn't going to let him hurt you." The alpha reaches to hold one of Jimin's small hands in his own, thumb caressing the back of his hand in comfort.

It sent shivers down Jimin's spine, but he still couldn't shake the fear from the night before, "I should probably go, my parents will worry."

"Hey, why don't we go to our secret place early in the morning?"

"How early?" Jimin looks up at him with bright eyes.

"A while before dawn breaks? Too early?"

"I can sneak out then." Jimin nods to himself as if thinking of how he would be sneaking out without waking anyone in his home.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow morning, I'll wait by your window."

"I'll see you then."

Jimin gives Jungkook a warm smile before turning back and heading to his home. When he walks through the front door he sees his parents and brothers sitting in the living room. He watched the door close behind the omega, his wolf worried less knowing he was with his family and out of danger.

"Jimin, you're finally here." Jin breathes out in relief.

"Yeah, I just talked to Taehyung for a bit, wanted to make sure he was doing okay."

"Come, sit here" Namjoon motions for him to come forward.

Jimin easily complies and sits in between his parents and siblings. He liked moments like these, when they would all sit down and let their parents nuzzle them with such a comforting warmth. And yes, his big bad alpha brothers Haneul and Hyun enjoyed it just as much as he did. Their parents' scents mingled together all around them and it made Jimin and his brothers sigh in content. After what happened last night, it brought them all comfort to be in each other's safety bubble.

"I'm glad my pups are okay." Namjoon smiles as he nuzzles into Haneul's hair.

Jimin lets himself fall into the warmth spreading over him, eyes closing. He liked being held, but at that moment he knew he wanted to be held by Jungkook. Fell the alphas scent clouding around him, enrapturing him in a cocoon of safety.